X-T1 Accessory Door

Phil

I got a reply to my email. In the email, I asked if the door design has changed, and if I send the camera to be repaired, will it do the same thing in the future?

If you send your camera over to our location, we will look into repairing the issue so that you no longer require to send the camera back to us. That is our end goal; to send the camera back to you under factory specifications.

I understand.

Progress - i contacted the Fuji EU Sales Manager again, as well as the Local FUJI Service, explaining to them once again that it is not my fault, and i am not willing to pay for defective parts and after about 12 emails there is the solution:

Dear Mr.Kuduschiev

The replacement of the defective rubber parts shall be provided free of charge.

So i am bringing it to the local Fuji Service to arrange this.

You know, as they say” “  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you “  ;)!

But seriously, this shows that Fuji is getting increasingly aware of the problem and, although they might not (yet?) be prepared to publicly admit that there is a problem ( because THAT would open a can of worms), on a one to one base they are showing that they do what they conceivably can,  to  get you out of trouble, but all of this adds up and the more publicity this thing gets the easier it will be for anyone to have his problem solved.

Well done! ( maybe you wan to edit out your name?)

I suppose it still is -- and I'm sure it's much more WR than before :)

Seriously, I got the door to be 100% perfectly aligned with the body. I could swear that it's original from the outside. From the inside, that's another story :) But for the benefits, I don't mind.

Noor

... but that's the downside of making your own <repair>.  Is Fuji likely to deny any future warranty work for your camera given that its now obvious that its been tampered with it ?  In the longer term I believe that we (Fuji owners) are better served by pressing for a manufacturer fix.  It isn't difficult to argue this issue of the basis of a manufacturing defect.. and more and more we are hearing that folks are gettting this repaired at no cost.

Well, I am quite sure that, give the level of problems that we are seeing, Fuji will be clement even ig some folks have done repairs of their own as long as they didn’t destroy a camera while trying to repair it.

But if all the X-T1 will shed their skin... Oh Boy! They will have a nasty “ situation”  to deal with!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all, 

I too have recently experienced this issue, and I have to say that it is very disappointing that Fuji will only replace the faulty part with the exact same kind.

This issue completely undermines the environmental sealing of the camera, and thus the usage of the device in certain conditions.

What is more frustrating is that Fuji will not own up to the issue. As loyal Fuji customers we place a level of trust in the company to provide a product that at the very least meets its advertised standards. I am currently in talks with Fuji technical support, who repeatedly echo the lines of "we know of no known issue, and will deal with problems on an individual basis only".

I find this personally very sad, as soon as our individual warranty expires it gives Fuji the right to then charge for any repairs caused by this manufacturing fault. It is an issue that could be easily corrected once they accept the problem.

As such I have decided to gather as much data on the prevalence of the issue, once the data has been collected it will be presented to Fuji as evidence of the problem. You can find the data collection form here. http://blupace.com/fuji-xt1-accessory-door-issue/

Kind regards,

Pace

Well, I am quite sure that, give the level of problems that we are seeing, Fuji will be clement even ig some folks have done repairs of their own as long as they didn’t destroy a camera while trying to repair it.

But if all the X-T1 will shed their skin... Oh Boy! They will have a nasty “ situation”  to deal with!

This is a bit late, but since the post it already bumped... :)

Before I sent my X-T1 in for repair, I tried to fix it myself. It looked to me like the door was expanding and became too wide, so I tried to shave the ends down. It didn't help at all, but thankfully Fuji repaired it anyway and didn't even mention the fact that I'd tampered with it. It wasn't obvious, but I'm sure anyone looking for it could tell what I'd done.

I wonder if that's a sign of how common this problem really is.

• 3 years later...