X100F - Major shutter lag. Please help!

Hi,

I have a problem with my X100F. It can sometimes take several seconds before it takes the shot after I have pressed the shutter half way and found the focus. Even though I take a shot of the same subject (no change of camera position) the shutter lag varies from half a second to 3-4 seconds. Very frustrating..... Strangely enough, there's no lag when I press the shutter all the way in one operation (when I don't need to recompose). So, the lag only happens when I have half press the shutter and have found the focus pont. The focus stays green.

I don't understand why this is happening. Is it a software issue or a bug with the camera? I hope someone has got the answer and can share it here with me. It is SO frustrating!!

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bjarte

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have an answer for you but it is possible you have hit a setting intentionally or unintentionally with consequences you didn't or couldn't anticipate.  When all else fails and I don't know what's happening, its time for a camera reset.  You might try this out and see if your problem is resolved.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have a problem with my X100F. It can sometimes take several seconds before it takes the shot after I have pressed the shutter half way and found the focus. Even though I take a shot of the same subject (no change of camera position) the shutter lag varies from half a second to 3-4 seconds. Very frustrating..... Strangely enough, there's no lag when I press the shutter all the way in one operation (when I don't need to recompose). So, the lag only happens when I have half press the shutter and have found the focus pont. The focus stays green.

I don't understand why this is happening. Is it a software issue or a bug with the camera? I hope someone has got the answer and can share it here with me. It is SO frustrating!!

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Bjarte

Hello Bjarte,

I happen to have the same problem with my x100f.

Have you managed to fix it ?

• 10 months later...

Hard to say with out knowing your settings. But have a look at your release/focus priority settings. If it’s set to focus priority the. The camera will wait to be in focus before taking the photo. In release priority the camera will take the photo even if it’s a little or a lot out of focus.