Sign in to follow this  
Bjarte

X100F - Major shutter lag. Please help!

Hi,

I have a problem with my X100F. It can sometimes take several seconds before it takes the shot after I have pressed the shutter half way and found the focus. Even though I take a shot of the same subject (no change of camera position) the shutter lag varies from half a second to 3-4 seconds. Very frustrating..... Strangely enough, there's no lag when I press the shutter all the way in one operation (when I don't need to recompose). So, the lag only happens when I have half press the shutter and have found the focus pont. The focus stays green.

I don't understand why this is happening. Is it a software issue or a bug with the camera? I hope someone has got the answer and can share it here with me. It is SO frustrating!!

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Bjarte

I don't have an answer for you but it is possible you have hit a setting intentionally or unintentionally with consequences you didn't or couldn't anticipate.  When all else fails and I don't know what's happening, its time for a camera reset.  You might try this out and see if your problem is resolved.

Hi,

I have a problem with my X100F. It can sometimes take several seconds before it takes the shot after I have pressed the shutter half way and found the focus. Even though I take a shot of the same subject (no change of camera position) the shutter lag varies from half a second to 3-4 seconds. Very frustrating..... Strangely enough, there's no lag when I press the shutter all the way in one operation (when I don't need to recompose). So, the lag only happens when I have half press the shutter and have found the focus pont. The focus stays green.

I don't understand why this is happening. Is it a software issue or a bug with the camera? I hope someone has got the answer and can share it here with me. It is SO frustrating!!

Thank you.

Best wishes,

Bjarte

Hello Bjarte,

I happen to have the same problem with my x100f.

Have you managed to fix it ?