Fujifilm X-T20

Mari

Please help!

When I want to take a photo my X-T20 freezes up with the red light at the back burning. It doesn't help to switch the camera off and on, I have to take the battery out and then when I put the battery back in and switch the camera on it immediately takes a photo.... This happened about 4 times during an hour...

Mari, red light indicator means either a lens or memory error. You've got to give more specifics. What set of parameters are you using: position of all of your dials, ISO, aperture, what lens are you using, does it happens with any other lens, have you tried changing the lens and making sure contacts are clean? Have you tried changing the memory card? What was the result? Another question: is this your first digital camera? Is this your first Fujifilm camera?

Edited by Arthur

I don’t think we need any specifics on how you are using it. The back shouldn’t get hot like that under any circumstances! I would take it in.

Mari didn't say the camera got hot, she mentioned red light, which is an error sign indicating the problem either with the lans or the card. There is no reason to send the camera in before checking those two issues.