X-H1arrived

Oh dear I just couldn’t resist it and a brand new Fujifilm X-H1 rocked up to my door.

Initial impressions are are that yes the extra five ounces can be noticed but not detrimentally.

Focusing is quite a bit faster, shutter sound much more subtle, IBIS does make a difference!

Can communicate via Bluetooth or Wireless for remote operation and downloading images to an iPhone. The new grip shape is very good and feels much better and secure even in my small hands. Operation feels very slick and the shutter button is quite sensitive but not overly so, a different feel so there is muscle memory to retrain!

Same battery as the X-T2(126s) the 126 won’t work in the X-H1 or I believe look-a-like batteries either! There is also a touch screen facility but I not tried that out as yet!

The loss of the EC wheel I’ve found to be no loss as the EC button can act as a switch so EC is a doddle to set without the need of holding down the button and turning!

The new style on/off switch is much more robust and positive in action, much less wish washy.

Mostly there is a familiar feel to the rear panel, but it is a bit different.

Finally for this short rundown the X-H1 feels a lot more robust than an X-T2.

regards Mike

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Mike G

I think it looks beautiful.  I have a question I can't find answered in any review.  Do you have to push the EC button every time you use the exposure compensation?  Or can you just turn the front dial as you do now when you set the top dial to C?  I know you turn off exp comp when you push in the front dial.  Does it still work that way?  I hope so!  As it is now, I turn that EC button on top every time I pick up my T2.  I've been tempted to pour glue under it.

I like that they give you a cover for the hot shoe.  I had to order them from B&H.  Then of course I had to order something else.  Those things cost me a lot.

Cale33, no you can set the EC button as an on/off switch, so that from then on it stays selected until the button is pressed again! On my X-H1 it’s the rear dial that does the selecting of EC also the EC can be switched with the control dial, sounds complicated but in reality it’s not, also it stays selected when the camera is switched off! Hope that helps. I like this method over the EC dial as on the X-T2!

I’ve never ever bought a camera that didn’t come with a hot shoe cover! In the U.K. Fuji sell replacements or if you moan a lot will give you one for free.

Mike G, thank you so much for your quick reply.  I'm on a 4-month-long cruise right now and we get to Hong Kong on the 19th.  As I do every year, I'll be going up to Wing Shing and purchasing a piece of Fujifilm equipment.  This year it'll be the X-H1.  I'm very excited about it as my T2 screwed up last summer in Russia and hasn't been the same since.  I've been using my backup, my Pro2.  I had no idea it was such a good camera!  I miss the flip screen and the AF Mode of All, but otherwise it's been fun to use.  People comment on the rangefinder look of it.