Why I am excited for the X-H1

As the title mentioned, I am very excited for the X-H1. I thought I might rant as to why I am excited due to the amount of negative comments (I shouldn't be surprised in today's cyber outraged environment).

First and foremost I am a still photographer with my current setup being a X-Pro2 and (dust collecting) Canon 5D MKIII. Both using 35mm lens. I have being looking for a very good, high quality video camera that can also be my very capable, excellent still backup camera for using a different lens. And here it is, the X-H1. The X-T2 just didn't cut it, I'm glad I waited. I also think the youtube reviewers asking, is it worth the upgrade have it wrong. Similar to DJI, the drone makers, Fujifilm seem to be filling another market gap. It's not an upgrade of the T2, it's another model / line.

And, when I sell my 5D to fund the purchase, my SLR days are over!

• 1 month later...

I’m about to upgrade to the X-H1 from my Xt2. I have read enough reviews and seen enough images coming from it to convince me that it’s a significant step up. I own non OiS lens such as the 90, and the ability to take handheld clear shots as low as 1/5 really is a game changer.

I wasn’t interested at first as I’m not into vid, but ibis to me as a still photographer is an advantage.

To put the icing on the cake I’m getting the X-H1 and the 16-55mm combo ( Fuji offering a $250 cashback).

Interestingly my local small Fuji retailer has sold 17 X-H1’s so far, and sold out of 16-55’s. Last week they had 5 second hand Xt2’s for sale ( they’ve all sold ), but is it an indication that the market is moving, maybe for the X-H1, maybe Sony, or maybe getting top $ in prep for the X-T3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk