Lenses for the X-H1

18-55 ~ $700

16-55 ~ $1200

nothing personal just business.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but the reason the 16 - 55 costs so much is because it's a premium lens.

Many photographers, including myself, appreciate both the extra 10 degrees of diagonal view, but also the constant aperture. It's a heavy lens, it's an expensive lens, but it's also a most excellent lens for those who appreciate it's overall quality.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but the reason the 16 - 55 costs so much is because it's a premium lens.

and I totally agree with you. I consider 16-55 way better lens and I find 16mm much more interesting than 18mm I'd just told about my desire to have a choice. Here we have to buy either a body or an expensive lens. That's it.

I suspect the reason they have included the 16-55mm as a lens kit is for the following reasons.

1) Many people have held off buying the 16-55 because it was not stabilized and because it was a big lens, the X-H1 solves both those problem by having IBIS and having a bigger grip so a lot of people may now take the plunge.

2) Currently the 18-55mm has been sold on so many cameras and then switched that you can pick it up on Ebay used for around £200-£250 on any given day, giving away more of them is only going to drive the price down further and anyone who wants one with there X-H1 will just buy one s/h plus body only package much cheaper than in any potential bundle.

3) The 16-55mm is seen as being the PRO zoom and the X-H1 is being marketed as the PRO camera in the line up.

4) Many buyers of the X-H1 will probably already own a 18-55mm, buying the bundle with 16-55mm is appealing as they can compare lenses and probably sell 16-55 for no loss, but,,,,, they might keep it, sensible marketing. Or they sell the 18-55 further reducing the overal cost of the X-H1 kit.

Conclusion I suspect that the 16-55 and 18-55 price is going to drop a bit over the coming months along with the X-T2 price :)