Wishlist for next update for X-T20

tobiaskucera.art

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm quite happy about annoucement of new update for X-T20, however there are few things that I'm really missing and some updates could add some of those in future. For instance:

1. Add histogram to video mode.

2. Add mic-level preview in video mode.

3. Customization of front dial.

4. Faster response of sensor in EVF + eye sensor mode.

5. Ability to wake up camera by press different button than shutter-release button (sometimes it wakes camera and also take picture immediately).

6. Smaller horizontal line, less disturbing during shooting.

7. More sensitive camera position sensor. Sometimes menu wont turn to portrait mode after turn camera in that angle.

8. Ability to add vignette effect in JPG's, like grain or saturation.

What do you think is still missing and could be added or fixed? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

10. Integral grip with shutter button

11. Remove exposure compensation dial

12. Add top lcd

13. Add in body geotagging

That would be some amazing firmware! You do have a point, though with the EX Comp. I set it on C and use the front dial. No need for the dial per se. I would prefer to keep the dial but be programmable: white balance, ISO, film sim, anything that works in a range.

I would like to be able to label my Custom presets.

Fix the quirky Auto ISO presets issue,

Most of what the OP said. I’m pretty happy with the way it is, though!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DelH
      Hi, I have an X-T30 and interested in the way the histogram is displayed.
      If I'm in looking through the viewfinder, then lower camera and look at the rear LCD, the histogram appears.  After a second or two it disappears.  The same when I rise camera to my eye - the histogram appears again then hides.
      The operation seems odd - the histogram is enabled in the screen settings menu.
      Thanks for any help.
    • By cyonkers
      Greetings, Fuji friends! I'm having a conundrum. I have a slew of footage from an X-T3 I'm assembling in Premiere Pro. Footage specs:

- 30 and 60 fps 4K
      -10 bit (internal) 8:2:0
      -H265
      -HEVC
      -All shot in F-log

All of the unedited shots look great (for F-log, that is) in iMovie and QuickTime. When I ingest them into Premiere Pro, however, there's a bizarre pixelated swath of green and pink in the lowlights. No amount of color correction can solve it, and Davinci Resolve is no better. I have tried changing sequence settings, converting to Pro Res, and attempted many different encoding formats in Media Encoder with limited to no success. 
      Has anyone ever faced this issue? Adobe support is stumped. Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much! 
    • By fujiinky
      Hi All,
      I've just updated my X-Pro1 firmware from 3.80 to 3.82 and now changes in DISP. CUSTOMS SETTING are only seen in LCD and not EVF or OVF ie lots of the options are no longer available.
      I've emailed Fuji but had no response so far. In fairness that may be because our local branch is located in a Covid lock down area.
      I'm hoping that Fuji will fix this issue. In the mean time does anyone know if it's possible to revert back to 3.80? It's not something I want to experiment with and risk making the situation worse.

Cheers,
      David

• By Gibby
      For stills, I'm using backbutton focus.  And I'm able to select the focus point and track it in continuous focus.  Works great.  But in video mode, I can't find a way to track an object - only a face using face detect.  The rear touch screen doesn't seem to work this way.  When I select a point, it behaves as single focus, even when the camera is set to continuous focus.  Also, I'm often using the camera on a gimbal and need to rely on the rear screen for setting the focus point.  To date, I've mainly had to use the X-T4 in manual mode for video which is disappointing.  Am I missing something?
    • By R3D
      Hi All,

Hope that some encountered that problem before and can help.
      I get my X-T4 a few weeks ago with FW 1.17 and it seemed to work correctly but just for the sake of having most up-to-date version I updated to 1.22). 
      After the update my fav view mode ([EYE SENSOR] + [LCD IMAGE DISP.]) is corrupted. It essentially keeps the LCD on whenever eye is away from EVF.
      Image preview is set 1.5 sec and is displayed correctly only on LCD screen. I set the LCD do info screen but it's not really how I'd like to have it working. 
      I was hoping that 1.23 will fix it but unfortunately no change after yesterday's release. 
      Thank you in advance! 
      R.