Sign in to follow this  
FujiJW

X-PRO 2 ERF No Longer Working! Please help.

Hello,

I am having some trouble with my ERF function on my XPRO 2. It really started after I implemented the 4.00 update so I'm wondering if that has caused it. Since then I have done the 4.01 update and the problem still persists.

After doing a lot of google searches (and forum searches) I found that most people this happened to solved it by setting the AF to "Single Point," so I did the same and the ERF still does NOT function.

Just to be clear the front switch DOES toggle between OVF and EVF with no problem, when I push the switch to the left (toward the lens) the ERF no longer does anything.

I tried to reset everything via the Menu and that did no help either. 

Are there any other settings I should know about to get the ERF to pop up in the corner, or that would keep it from functioning? Or is there a way to factory reset (resetting firmware as well) utilizing more than the options in the menu?

Hope someone else out there can help!

Thanks,

Jacob

Hi, The same here, not found any solution. it starts after the 4.01 upgrade. this function is not critical for me but it feels strange to me. have the camera for a few weeks and I,m still love the images from this cam.

It should work in all focus modes, not just Manual. But, as claude says, you need to have single point focus (not zone focus) selected.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Creativestubble
      Hi All,
      Does the digital teleconverter on the X100F work with the OVF engaged (or only with the EVF active?) AND does it change the view to show 50mm and 70mm?
      Thanks,
      Darren
    • By Creativestubble
      Hi all,
      First post here.
      Hope some Fuji users can help - any questions answered will be helpful - thanks in advance.
      I currently shoot with a Nikon D90 and 50mm prime for street photography. I really want to switch to Fuji. I went to check out the Fuji range and was initially considering the X-T20, X-T2, X-Pro 2. (All with 35mm F2)
      After putting the EVF to my eyes for a minute I felt kind of sea sick, Ive never looked through an EVF before. So I am left with OVF as the only option. This leaves the X100F and X-Pro 2 as my only options.
      1) I wear glasses - and found the viewfinder very small on the X-Pro 2, the OVF is also quite unusual to use. Does anyone else find it difficult to use (glasses wearers?) Is parallax an issue here?
      2) I see the X100F OVF seems much bigger and clearer, do users find this?
      3) Im concerned to buy an X100F as the fixed lens may be restrictive - I know it has crop modes, does the OVF adjust to the crop mode selected - or only the frame lines?
      4) Should I wait for X-Pro 3 before buying X-Pro 2? (either because X-Pro 2 prices may drop, or because they may improve the OVF on X-Pro 3?)
      5) I know they are different cameras - but would you get an X-Pro 2 over an X100F? I like the X-Pro 2 more aesthetically (doesn't mean its better in practice)
      Thanks,
      Darren

• By dubiouswatermelon
      I recently got an XT20 with the 18-55 kit lens. Today I was trying it out at home, when I found out that when I try to zoom quickly in or out in manual mode, I see a horizontal light appear for a fraction of a second on the EVF. I cannot see this happening on the LCD. This happens only in manual mode, and not auto. This does not happen when recording a video. I am using mechanical shutter. But I don't think this is a shutter issue as I see this white line for a second when zooming quickly. Also I don't see it when I see EVF auto brightness from Auto to manual. The firmware is updated. Also tried zooming outside, I don't see that issue.
      The issue is as described here by another user:

• By Arjun Sureshlal
      I use an X-H1. 
      Right now there are 4 modes when you press the VIEW MODE button. 
      The one I use is EVF + EYE Sensor. It feels right coming from a DSLR and it helps save battery. You can preview photos on the display with the playback button and everything's okay.
      But as soon as you want to go to the Main Settings you have to either switch the mode to any other mode (except EVF only) or change the settings using the EVF. Then to go back to EVF + EYE Sensor you have to press the view mode button 4 times. And If you want to go to “live view” that is LCD view, you again have to do the same process. 
      It’s annoying. Is there any way to only put 2 options on the View mode button? Just EVF + Eye Sensor and Eye Sensor only?
      Or is there anyway to request a firmware update to
      • Show playback and settings on LCD while in EVF + Eye sensor mode.
      • A one press switch to EYE Sensor and EVF + Eye Sensor mode.
    • By Marco34
      Hi , 
      i have a problem with my Xpro2 with 35mm f 1.4 .... 
      I notice a loss of sharpness and i don't know if the camera can't focus because  the viewfinder says it is in focus 
      i  attach 2 photos , one with Xpro 2 and another with H1 ,  to let you understand the problem... here it was  f4  iso 2500 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. shutter 100