Available: Tethered Shooting Plug-in for Adobe!

You can download Tethered Capture Plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom® Ver.1.1a (Windows 8 / 8.1 / 7 SP1, Mac OS X 10.7-10.10) at http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/hsv5/plugin_01/

Only the user who has CD-ROM “Tethered Shooting Software HS-V5″ can use this updater. This updater updates HS-V5 Ver.1.1.HS-V5 software for Windows http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/hsv5/win/

"

STEP5

To install the plugin, double-click the version that applies to the OS of your computer and follow the instructions."

Which implies that clicking 'begin download" actually should download both, or just the one specific to the OS of your computer, except that it doesn't, it just downloads the 'exe' windows file regardless... just tried again, and it's the same file...

Anyone know where to bring this up with Fuji?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, got a response from Fuji, and they sent me the plugin via WeTransfer.com. I see it's still not registering properly on their download site. I'll check the plugin and report back...

You were able to get your hands on the plug-in? Great. Looking forward to your findings!

I just installed and tested the software, nothing much to report other than yes, it works as advertised. Have to remember to change the USB mode to PC SHOOT in the XT1 settings menu, and that's about it. The connection seems pretty robust, switching the camera off disconnects, but switching back on reconnects immediately. Fire the camera from the onscreen button or the shutter release, either way your image appears in the Lightroom window pretty quickly. No live view. 

There was no word from Fuji as to why the download link isn't working for Mac Users, all they did was very kindly send me the file, but the news on FujiRumors indicates the link will be fixed soon.

I should add these are the instructions from the installer, note that the images are saved only on the computer, not on the camera memory card:

Taking Pictures with Lightroom®.

Be sure to update the camera firmware to the latest version (in the case of the X-T1, version 3.11 or later), available from the following website:
    http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/

1. Select PC SHOOT AUTO.
    Select PC SHOOT AUTO for USB MODE in the camera SET-UP menu as described below. Do NOT connect the USB cable until this step is complete.
  2. Connect the camera.
    Connect the camera to the computer using the USB cable and turn the camera on. 
  3. Activate tethered shooting.

*The camera does not leave a image copy onto the memory card in the camera.

I purchased downloaded and installed the plugin from Adobe using Extension CC.

I have some issues with the plug-in... Everything works except some minor detail  :P 
+ The plugin detects my X-T1 (f/w 4.00)  switching on/off

+ It reports the current exposure settings from the camera

+ I can remote trigger the camera from the plugin

- BUT I get no pictures transfered to Lightroom CC 2005.1 (Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.4)?
 (and none on the memory card as expected when in PC Shoot mode)

The target folder has read/write permissions.
Any good suggestions?

[update]
I uninstalled/installed a few times with both the Cloud Desktop app and Extension Manager CC, the issue remains.
The plugin works fine except for the last detail but that may be something rotten in my Adobe installation.
The plugin also works in Lightroom 5.

I won't be able to test for a few days now but if you have a solution I'll appreciate it!

[update II]

I also installed the plug-in on my iMac and it works perfect with LR5 and LRCC. 

The issue remains on my MacBook Pro.

Just purchased the extension, it automatically installed through Creative Cloud, and works flawlessly in my quick testing. Using an up-to-date X-T1 paired to a 10.10.4 MacBook Air. This is pretty much the last thing I was able to do with my Canon system, that the FUJI couldn't. Outstanding.

Canon users be sure to note - images will NOT be saved on both the camera and the computer. Only on the computer, so handle the images accordingly.

I once had a renter in our studio shoot tethered with a Nikon (which also doesn't save to camera when tethering) to a computer guest account - and thinking they had the images on their camera card, logged out (and wiped) the guest account after shooting. Images lost. Ugh.

Quick thoughts/troubleshooting:

1. It works!
2. Make sure to turn on sync in Creative Cloud app (link for help on this on Adobe exchange site)
3. CC app takes care of download and install into LR. Slick!
4. Before connecting X-T1 to computer, go to Set-Up Menu 3, and change USB Mode to "Auto"

Some folks are complaining about the $29 price. I'm fine with it. A relatively small set of users need this functionality, so I'm willing to pay a bit for the engineering time/energy to make this feature available. The free firmware updates, which continually improve my X-T1 in everyday use (2 major updates in the 6 months I've had the camera) are where I'd prefer engineering effort focused.

Thanks +Fujifilm and Adobe Lightroom engineering teams for working together on this!

Thanks mwsladek, the next step for me will be to wipe and re-install the Adobe suite when I get back and have some more time. The communication between the plugin and camera works excellent but the pictures don't end up in the target folder.