DOWNLOAD NOW X-T1 Firmware 4.0 ! Share your first impression

As confirmed previously, I was able to update the firmware from the Beta to this latest version with no issues. Although I still suspect it was an early leak of the final version. Comparing the byte size of each file shows them as identical. Maybe the changes were minimal if it was indeed a release candidate or beta.

I'm using http://onlinemd5.com and getting the following:

MD5 Checksum

------------------

Beta release - "4E12F4EB43AD6AD1F215FE189B9CBED7"

Fuji release   - "F7AD4C2FB4CFCF18CEEB3B6ADDEC3840"

SHA-256 Checksum

-----------------------

Beta release - "199CC47270CAF456909972398403B0DECA0D2B0831FF43DB1E2CC5E77F77F29A"

Fuji release   - "330EA550094D48D292E73359454A78D7D5B4924E8290DD4F654F6BC1D9C57615"

Cheers!

Rolly

Hi,

I need help...last time it worked, but this time sadly not...

I formatted the card in the camera, copied the downloaded fw update file on the sd but when i try to install it it says no fw found on card...

I checked again the sd and it was there...tried a few times, but always the same message...

Anyone an idea what im doing wrong?

As confirmed previously, I was able to update the firmware from the Beta to this latest version with no issues. Although I still suspect it was an early leak of the final version. Comparing the byte size of each file shows them as identical. Maybe the changes were minimal if it was indeed a release candidate or beta.

The size in bytes is the same, but the file is in deed different as others have commented. It seems like all strings are encrypted, but not the code and the data, but there is probably an embedded check sum to avoid installing tampered files...

;-D Hans

Testing after an almost sleepless night ;)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I became very sceptical about FW4 after first impressions of beta version users and fuji guys video. Someone has written that 56 has the same speed. Thus I've descided that the only meaningful improvement for me will be EC in manual.

Well I was wrong. New zone AF with AF-C makes 56/1.2 an autofocus lens. I am finally able to shoot my son no it only when he's sitting still. Moreover thanks to this new tracking ability the viewfinder functionality has increased. Why? I'm now able to shoot in CL and AF-C with high percentage of correct focus. (Spot AF is still useless with AF-C.) And only in this mode the viewfinder shows video image between two frames. Additionally I love that AF spots are dispayed in CH drive. This helps a lot.

I the end new AF capabilities are amazing!

All is set, the 60mm, the slowest of my lenses , has received a boost and works much better that it did before. Transition between macro and infinite is not instantaneous ( how could it be?!?) but the macro setting no longer requires to be enabled ( well, it is no longer there!) for the camera to be performing in macro mode (a general improvement with all lenses but one which particularly affects the 60).

When operating within any given range  ( macro, medium distance and infinity) things are very much faster than they were before although a little lag still persists with subject lacking contrast ( especially white ones). The face and eye detection seem to be operating rather well on this lens too. I don’t know whether I am ever going to use this function much but it might come in handy.