'Fantasy' Dynamic Tone Advanced Filter

jw432

Does anyone know what specific changes the 'Fantasy' Dynamic Tone Advanced Filter applies?  I took a few of those shots and noticed that the raw is still simply raw (nice).  I would love to know what steps to take in Affinity Photo to transform the RAW file into the same 'fantasy' jpg the camera prodcued.  Why you ask?  So that I could do it with other RAW photos for which I did NOT use the 'fantasy' advanced filter, and to understand and potentially tweak the specific changes on other photos.

Also it appears to me that the MF Focus 'Peak' does not work on the Advanced Filter, that's a real bummer for manual shooting.  I have to switch between one of the other drive modes to focus then back to Advanced Fitter, Dynamic Tone, which w/o a tripod can then result in out of focus picture.  This is the only thing so far I've found that I think Fuji missed.  If you have good advice on this please do tell! ":-)  I really can't imagine any technical reason why the Dynamic Tone Advanced Filter would not be able to use Peak MF focus mode.

Thanks in advance for answers !

advanced filters shouldn’t work with raw, it is one or the other.

As for focus the advanced filters work with the normal focus assist button which enhances the portion the you chose within the focus rectangle.

All the advance filters can be also applied in PP with silkypix 

Speaking of Dynamic Tone (I dont have "fantasy" on mine), I like the effect of shooting certain subjects in dynamic tone, then desaturating a bit when editing.  I get the old-timey color postcard look.  But the subject is important to make it work.  Old buildings rather than nature, for example.

Speaking of Dynamic Tone (I dont have "fantasy" on mine), I like the effect of shooting certain subjects in dynamic tone, then desaturating a bit when editing.  I get the old-timey color postcard look.  But the subject is important to make it work.  Old buildings rather than nature, for example.

I have the x-e3, which has the 'Advanced Filter', 'Dynamic Tone' or as the manual says "Dynamic tone expression is used for a fantasy effect".  

As for focus the advanced filters work with the normal focus assist button which enhances the portion the you chose within the focus rectangle.

I have the x-e3 and when shooting with 'Advanced Filter', 'Dynamic Tone', I do get both a jpp and a raf file, confirmed.  Also I use Peak/Red for manual focus but for some reason when drive mode is 'Advanced Filter', 'Dynamic Tone', the default manual focus assist is 'STD' (and cannot be changed) and goes back to Peak/Red when I switch back to Exposure Bracket or Single.

Looks like silkypix is somewhat pricey; still wondering if anyone knows what the actual edits are or if Fujifilm ever publishes those.

• 3 weeks later...

With my x-e3 I do get a raw file with Advanced Filters, but my MF Assist, Peak Red does not work when using the 'Dynamic Range' or apparently other Advanced Filters.