How to take sharp photos using a fully manual lens on X-T20?

itsjamie17

I always get blurry shots when I use a fully manual lens on my X-T20. I have focus peaking activated and when I view it from the EVF, it seems really sharp but when I actually take the shot, it comes out blurry. I don't have this problem with the X-A3. What could I be doing wrong with the X-T20? For reference, I use Meike 35mm f1.7, meike 50mm f2, 7artisans 25mm f1.8, and samyang 12mm f2

please can you post examples of the photographs and settings used

Can you rule out, motion blur?, camera shake? or DOF issues?

if you focus using the screen like on he XA instead of the EVF do you still have the problem?

Do you have any Fuji lenses to test camera with in auto focus?

please can you post examples of the photographs and settings used

Can you rule out, motion blur?, camera shake? or DOF issues?

if you focus using the screen like on he XA instead of the EVF do you still have the problem?

Do you have any Fuji lenses to test camera with in auto focus?

I just set everything to manual since manual lenses can't communicate with the camera itself. I used single point tracking instead of wide tracking as I have read that might be the problem but I still get the same results.

I have shaky hands and I've read that the XT20 doesn't have an image stabilizer so I don't know if that could be the problem? But what confuses me is that when I use manual focus on my fuji lenses, they come out sharp enough. Not as sharp as shots taken with autofocus, but decent enough. The manual lenses also come out sharp when I use a hand grip with remote shutter so I guess it could just be because of my shaky hands?

shoot outside or somewhere you can use 1/250 or faster shutter should remove camera shake

if using the 35mm Shoot at F/8 with focus object a few meters away to give you a large DOF.

would still like to see an example

also make sure shooting without lens is switched on in the menus.

probably just needs practice. but is a lot harder to nail manual focus when shooting with a shallow dof (f/1.7) than at F/8 etc

goodluck

shoot outside or somewhere you can use 1/250 or faster shutter should remove camera shake

if using the 35mm Shoot at F/8 with focus object a few meters away to give you a large DOF.

would still like to see an example

also make sure shooting without lens is switched on in the menus.

probably just needs practice. but is a lot harder to nail manual focus when shooting with a shallow dof (f/1.7) than at F/8 etc

goodluck

Thanks! Will try that. I almost always shoot at f1.7 to get that nice bokeh effect.

I'll upload a sample shot as soon as I can. Thanks again for your help!