Image Display

mph

New X-T2 owner (though I have an X-T1 as well)

I have set SCREEN SETUP>IMAGE DISP.>OFF but when I take a photograph it is displayed on the LCD until I hit the OK button or half depress the shutter release.

This appears to only happen when using the viewfinder (I have it set to "Eye sensor + LCD display). I take the camera from my eye and there is the image displayed on the rear LCD.  At the bottom of the image display it says "OK next"

If instead of using the viewfinder I compose using the LCD - no image is displayed (which is of course what i would expect)

Any thoughts - please?

:blink:

From what you report your camera is working just like mine. I to have have your same setting on my XT2. Since I only look through the view finder when composing a photo the only time that I see the rear screen is when I have taken the photo and take my eye off the view finder.

I'm new with the XT-2 also and I have gone to evf+ eye sensor and am no longer chimping.  I started using this method to conserve battery power and like the mirrorless WYSIWYG in the viewfinder.

Enjoy your XT-2 ........ I think it is the best camera I've ever owned. The image quality is far superior to the medium format film cameras I used in the 70's through 90's as a working pro.