The X100's are absolutely fantastic as a second body along with any interchangeable lens camera, IF you like the 35mm focal length of course it is a no brainer imho. :D

Alternatively, it could be that you want to switch between a standard zoom and a longer tele often, then a 35mm isn't going to do you much good as the zoom already covers that. A second interchangeable lens body might be of more use in order to have a long tele always at the ready. Then of course the Hybrid Viewfinder is of little use, while the higher resolution EVF and faster focusing of X-E2 would be most useful !

Maybe you should wait what the X-T10 might bring.

As a 'backup' body it will adapt all your lenses so you've got the same possibilities in case of emergency  :D

I've got (next to my X-T1 and X-Pro1) an X100 which I use for citytrips etc. Very nice camera and something light to carry around. But when you get used to an X-T1, the X100 (especially the focus) becomes very very slow  :(

Just buy a second X-Pro1. Then you have two cameras that operate and perform the exact same way.

I agree, I bought a second body, as they are such a great deal these day's. The advantage is that you can switch seamlessly between them without a second thought.

I use body 'A' with the 18~55mm lens and body 'B' with my 35mm f/1.4 prime for street photography, in fact this morning I am going out with my x-pro 'B' kit, 35 mm lens, spare battery & sd card in a Domke F-5XB all up weight 3.2 lb/1473g.

hi,

loving my XPRO1, I am going to buy a second camera (usually I carry two cameras in a trip), so wich one the best to pair with xpro1, XE2 or X100s (I intend do buy a second hand one)

If you are 100% happy then get a second one. If you are not, figure out which model will address your concern.

I have the X-Pro1. When I asked Fujifilm themselves, most of their ambassadors tell me to get the X-T1 as a 2nd body. It makes sense really. :)

It makes perfect sense indeed, that is the most expensive one! :lol:

thank you all. Perhaps a xt1 (xt10?) for 18-55 and 50-230, and xpro1 attached  with (the beautifiul) 14 mm on the bag.Really hate to change lens when walking;but...my heart still beats faster for a x100s  :rolleyes:

Depends if you really want the XL sized EVF of the X-T1, otherwise the X-T10 would probably be enough. (more cash for Fujinons!)

When the X-T1 was launched, I had the option to "upgrade" from the X-Pro1. I consulted a few ambassadors I know personally on whether I should. At that point, they told me to hang on to the X-Pro1. I won't divulge too much on why but I can say that it's because of the X-Pro1's sensor.

In fact ALL of them advised me to keep it and consider the X-T1 as a second body if I must get the X-T1.

When the X-T1 was launched, I had the option to "upgrade" from the X-Pro1. I consulted a few ambassadors I know personally on whether I should. At that point, they told me to hang on to the X-Pro1. I won't divulge too much on why but I can say that it's because of the X-Pro1's sensor.

In fact ALL of them advised me to keep it and consider the X-T1 as a second body if I must get the X-T1.

No, no, NO!

You can't post that, and not divulge what they told you about the sensor!!!

So.... Go on?

That is some horribly FALSE advice you got.

I've got a couple of Canon bodies (EOS 6D, Rebel T3i), along with a few "L" lenses, and I really like them, but the weight is getting to be difficult to carry around.  I purchased a X100T in mid-February this year, and love it.  It is fairly small, light weight, takes great photos, and is fun to use.  I tend to take this camera with me more than my Canons now, and am seriously thinking about picking up an X-Pro 2 and a couple of prime lenses, when it comes out.

Like always it all depends how you use your stuff.

For me a second X-PRO1 would be a great choice (but I still wait for the PRO2...) - no interest at all in a T1, simply because I don't need it's features. As I try to avoid zooms as much as I can and the majority of my shooting is between 18 (maybe 14) and 60 mm - the optical viewfinder works perfect for me and all is great.

Your mileage may vary and of course if you need to use latest technology - the T1 is yours. But I for one have an iPhone 4s and an iPad mini 1st generation and could not be happier.... oh well, maybe I am a bad customer for the tech companies... :-)

That is some horribly FALSE advice you got.

Well, a couple of ambassadors were my friends. They're professionals and shoot with both bodies. I had a back room chat with most of them and was privy to a host of comparos. Since then I've also shot with the X-T1 on and off. Absolutely loved the X-T1, esp the design and the straight on AF speed. Amazing when you nail follow focus. Picture wise, I really can't tell them apart....if anything, I preferred those coming from the X-Pro1. It's an entirely personal taste so I put the X-T1 aside as I didn't need the AF speed. I will probably look very seriously at the X-Pro2 when it arrives. Then the X-Pro1 will be my 2nd body.

For the longest time, I shot with and loved the Canon A1 slr. So, for an equally long time, I waited for an slr style mirrorless to emerge. Naturally when the X-T1 was announced, I was thrilled.

Hurriedly, I bought the X-Pro1 just so to get to know the Fujifilm system in anticipation of the X-T1. Been loving it ever since.... Better than X-T1? Probably not. Just different.

Of course, the JPGs probably show a small difference, as the processor is different. They added LMO and stuff, and likely a few more tweaks. But to base ones decision of a camera on a tiny change in the JPGs is crazy advice if you ask me, ambassador or not. Not to mention that the jpg settings can be tweaked and customized in-camera and probably look virtually the same as they did in the Pro1 anyway.

But Aswald said 'because of the sensor', and this is absolutely not true. The only difference of the sensor are the phase-detect pixels that were added, which is a huge advantage of the X-T1 among other things.