Fuji 10-24mm vs Zeiss T 12 mm

Albert

Hi,

I haven't got any personal experience of either lens but I think it would be fair to say the Fujifilm 10-24 would be a more flexible lens, although the Fuji is an F4 compared to F2.8 for the Zeiss, the Fuji does have image stabilisation so you could probably shoot at slower shutter speed to compensate for that quite easily.  Ephotozine.com website has reviewed both lenses, here are the links:  https://www.ephotozine.com/article/carl-zeiss-touit-distagon-t--12mm-f-2-8-lens-review-22026 and  https://www.ephotozine.com/article/fujifilm-fujinon-xf-10-24mm-f-4-r-ois-lens-review-24514.

Personally I would pick the Fujifilm 10-24 just for the extra flexibility the focus range gives also the Fuji seems to maintain great sharpness across the whole zoom range, in fact I am saving up for the Fuji at the moment.

I hope this is of some use to you   :)

Edited by mallyph

Personally, for me the debate would be the Samyang/Rokinon  12mm f/2 or the 10-24mm. Zeiss is a good company, but most people I know who have their Fuji lenses seem to feel like they don't quite live up to expectations at their price point.

I owned the 10-24mm for several years and I really liked it, but rarely used it because I tend to prefer primes and 16mm is wide enough for almost everything I do and the 23mm is my main lens that's almost always on my camera. I didn't use the zoom enough to keep it any longer, but I was very pleased with it overall. My one criticism of it was that it loses a little sharpness in the corners, but if you watch your shutter speeds and turn off OIS when its not necessary that helps a bit.

I've had the 14mm F2.8 since our first came out and really enjoy it. I just got the 10-24 zoom. Both are really nice to have. I like the breadth of ranges on the zoom, but to be honest (I try) if I were concerned about weight, the 14mm & the 18-55mm are a great combo and cover most of the same range.

Jesse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro