1.4/2 teleconverter since firmware update?

ullmandds

I had heard prior to the recent firmware update there were issues with the 2x and the 100-400.

Can anyone comment on whether this is no longer the case???

I have just tried my 100-400 with 2x teleconverter on my XT2 with the new firmware. It works, though (as you might expect) focus is a bit slow, certainly slower than the 50-140 with 2x converter. I'm afraid I can't comment on whether or not there's a difference in performance after the new XT2 firmware, as I don't normally use the 2x converter on the 100-400 (and after this little experiment I think I'll continue to leave it off, except in exceptional circumstances).

I have just tried my 100-400 with 2x teleconverter on my XT2 with the new firmware. It works, though (as you might expect) focus is a bit slow, certainly slower than the 50-140 with 2x converter. I'm afraid I can't comment on whether or not there's a difference in performance after the new XT2 firmware, as I don't normally use the 2x converter on the 100-400 (and after this little experiment I think I'll continue to leave it off, except in exceptional circumstances).

I must agree, any teleconverter is going to affect Focus Speed and Image Quality.  I have the 1.4x converter that I usually keep in my pocket for those shots I just can't reach and then only for a still shot.  I may pick up the 2x someday as there are many shots just out of reach, but it is not a priority.

• 6 years later...