What lenses should Fuji release next?

IngaLovesFuji

Hi to everybody!

Fujifilm is company that seems to listen to us, the photographers. That is why I opened this thread, just to make it easier for the guys at Fuji to decide what lenses they should release next. Hopefully they read it carefully. ;-)

Personally I am shooting mostly architecture und landscape photography, that is why I would love to see some wide angle tilt-shift lenses. I know that there are adapters out there, so that you can shift full frame lenses on aps-c bodies. However for aps-c  cameras there are no real wide angle options on the market (yet).

So, here is my wishlist to Fujifilm:

11mm f4 Tilt-Shift

16mm f4 Tilt-Shift

9-18mm f2.8 WR (no OIS, in order to keep it smaller)

What would you like Fuji to come up with?

11mm f4 Tilt-Shift

16mm f4 Tilt-Shift

Or an 30mm f2.8 Tilt-Shift which would be equal to the Canon/Nikon in terms of FoV. A good allrounder. The cheapest way to have an TS now would be the TS adapter and a couple of old M42/FD/F-mount lenses.

I'd love to see the 100-400mm by Fuji anytime soon. And maybe a 300mm f4 prime.

I think there aren't many gaps now, if any, in Fuji's lens lineup for most of the kinds of photography most people do. I think we're down to tweaks and variants now: faster versions of existing lenses, or smaller and lighter versions, or weather-resistant ones. But to my mind there's nothing really missing now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

70mm f/2 is the one I am constantly shouting at Fuij for. I don't want anything faster, I don't want IS, I don't want macro, I don't want weather sealing, I don't want an apodisation filter. Just a plain, sharp, fast-focusing and light-as-possible 70mm f/2. My Fujis are nice to use for a lot of things, but when it comes to tight portraits, my Mamiya 210mm f/4.5 (rough 35mm equivalent: 105mm f/2.2) beats the Fuji 56mm, 60mm, 90mm and 50-140mm senseless. Even the old and simple Canon 100mm f/2 knocks the Fujis out of the park when it comes to headshots. The moment a 70mm f/2 Fuji lens is released, I'll be selling my 56mm and 60mm lenses and I'll probably finally be able to sell my medium format system, too.

As Warwick said, the current line-up, together with the already announced lenses, cover most needs. There are several valid options above, but few that would make much business sens I'm afraid.

A lens I would not be interested in but could attract newcomers to the Fuji camp is something like a 18-200, perhaps in the XC range to limit cost.

Personally, I would like to see an updated 18mm, as this is a favourite focal length of mine. I've looked hard at the current model but the fact that my 18-55 performs better at 18 as refrained me from buying the prime... so far.

For the sake of a complete system:

70mm f/1.4,1.8.2.0 (something like that), maybe macro 1:1

Slower 16/23/56mm options with 2.0 or 2.8

16-70 or 80 with constant f/4 and OIS

16 tilt/shift f/4

Telephoto primes: 200 2.8, 267 2.8, 400 4.0, something like that

I think cheaper/slower primes with traditional focal lengths should be added next, the 35/2 WR being the starting point.

9-18mm f/4 OIS (smaller than the 10-24mm, the size off 18-55mm without expanding. Filter 58 or 62mm)

16-80mm f/4 OIS (a little bit smaller than the 18-135mm, atleast shorter in size. Filter 62mm)

70mm f2 OIS 1:1 macro (i loved the Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS on Canon fullframe. Filter 62mm)

f4 at the wide end would be a no-go for me. I basically have this with the 55-200 now already, though without internal zoom and WR admittedly.

What's the point of having faster wide end? At shorter focal lengths one can shoot with longer shutter speeds. It's the tele end that need to be faster but nobody does that. Constant aperture lets you lock ISO and SS in constant lighting. That's important for lot's of people.