Fuji X Raw Studio

We now have the promised software which I have to say is a bitter disappointment for me and probably all RAW shooters.

I thought we were going to get software that would process Raw files better than Adobe camera raw etc.

From what I can see all we have is a method of processing to jpegs, no different to the in camera app, except we can now do it on a larger screen.

I do not shoot jpegs, only Raw so this is of no use to me whatsoever, I would have much preferred Fuji to spend the time and money on producing a first class wireless remote to replace the mediocre one available at the moment.

As for Fuji Acquire, we live in a wireless world these days, do we really want a product that needs a tether cable?

We now have the promised software which I have to say is a bitter disappointment for me and probably all RAW shooters.

I thought we were going to get software that would process Raw files better than Adobe camera raw etc.

From what I can see all we have is a method of processing to jpegs, no different to the in camera app, except we can now do it on a larger screen.

I do not shoot jpegs, only Raw so this is of no use to me whatsoever, I would have much preferred Fuji to spend the time and money on producing a first class wireless remote to replace the mediocre one available at the moment.

As for Fuji Acquire, we live in a wireless world these days, do we really want a product that needs a tether cable?

I would imagine that, as a camera maker, it does not wish to compete with software developers such as Adobe and, especially, Silkypix developer ISL. It is augmenting what it already has, but a TIF export ought not to be a stretch too far. But as I have an X-E2, I am currently precluded from this club, anyway.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I am also disappointed that TIFFs are only available for the GF and not the X-T2.

I always shoot RAW + hi quality JPEG. I keep the JPEGs for images that aren't worth keeping in RAW but that I don't want to discard. Studio could be useful if I decide after the shot that I wanted a different JPEG film simulation. But happens rarely to never.

So essentially Raw Studio gives you the opportunity for a do-over on the  film simulation selection you made during the shoot by pushing the RAW back through the camera as though it were just shot.

All it one it's a starting point to use a computer as a console to create jpegs with fuji profiles. To do this on the camera is fiddly with all the small buttons and another advantage on the computer is, you can create a lot jpegs (kind of batch working).

But i'm a disappointed about the fact that i've to chance my cameras (raw converter) if i want to create jpegs of my another x raw files.

I have 3 fuji cameras. Two X T2 cameras and one X Pro2. Today i shot a soccer game with the two X T2 and in the pause i made also some pictures of the viewers with the X Pro2. After the game i sit in the cantine and made my choise of some images, edited my choice, converted into jpeg and sent it to the server. That's my regular workflow. It's the most quickest way for me to do my job.

Just for fun i try this X RAW Studio. I had no problems to covert my X T2 raw-files with a X T2 but even i try to convert the raw-files from my X Pro2, it does not work. I view the raw-files but i can not convert. I plugged my X Pro2 on the computer and now i could convert the raw files taken with the X Pro2 into jpeg.

I was very dissapointed about this. The raw files are coupled to converter (camera).

And now my question to all the fuji hackers: is there a way how it is possible to use the converter (camera) with any supported camera raw-files?

Thank you.

Edited by ozozon

• 3 months later...

I just downloaded the X Raw Studio and have recently been playing with it. I think perhaps some people have misunderstood the use of the software, it won't replace Lightroom, Capture opne, etc, but is really used just to augment on the few files where you don't feel your raw converter is doing the fuji files justice. I have to agree that I was disappointed to see that it converts to jpg (or TIFF) as I was hoping for a RAW file so I could work with it more in Photoshop if necessary. Having a JPG means you limit yourself to the available post processing.

I also agree that downloading images to your folder, hooking the camera up, and then going to the folder is a bit of a workflow hinderance but again, I believe X Raw Studio is ideally used for just a few files.

However, it does do a great job for it's intention. I'm including a picture of my dog whicch is notorious for trying to capture as he is a combination of black and grey, a sensors nightmare! He's old so please ignore his little bumps on his eye, I love him none the less. The first one is how the image was captured in Lightroom and the second one was using X Raw Studio. I changed the film simulation and converted it. No other post processing was done.

Just my thoughts.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!