X-T1 + 10-24mm = Blurred images

ipeluffo

Hi everyone,

This is my first post in the forum. I've enjoyed reading other posts that have been really helpful in the past.

This time I'm writing because I'm having a weird and random (super annoying) issue with my Fuji X-T1 and the Fujinon 10-24mm f4.

In summary, sometimes some photos are blurred or have no focus at all but the following photo is sharp.

I tried to check what is the cause of the issue but in many example both photos have almost the same settings.

Please find some examples in the following album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ignaciop/albums/72157690140523625

I'd appreciate it if you can give any tips about the issue.

Thanks in advance!

it is possible that you have your camera set up to shoot independently whether focus has achieved or not and that you are pressing wile moving the camera or before it has actually focussed  so shooting quickly in sequence identical pictures will result in the “ first” being blurred and the other being sharp.

Do check your AF set ups menu.

it is possible that you have your camera set up to shoot independently whether focus has achieved or not and that you are pressing wile moving the camera or before it has actually focussed  so shooting quickly in sequence identical pictures will result in the “ first” being blurred and the other being sharp.

Do check your AF set ups menu.

Thanks milandro.

I don't remember which is the option you mentioned about shooting independently wether the focus has been achieved. In any case, I'm pretty sure I got focus before shooting. Is there any way to check where the focus points are in the photo? (I remember Canon's software had that)

None of my examples were taken in continuos shooting mode, since I found this issue some time ago I usually take multiple photos when I consider necessary, that's why some of them look almost identical.

The AF focus Release/Focus priority are to be found in the AF menu if you have it on release ( which I postulate you do) the camera will shoot before it has achieved focus.

http://fujifilm-x.com/af/en/af_guide/point02.html

RELEASE/FOCUS PRIORITY RELEASE Shutter response is prioritized over focus. Pictures can be taken when the camera is not in focus. FOCUS Focus is prioritized over shutter response. Pictures can be only taken when the camera is in focus.

In single mode you cant see all the ++++++ showing where you could focus during the shooting but you will of course see the shooting quadrangle if you have enabled it in the screen options..

I no longer have your lens but it was one of the first lenses that I have bought few years ago and I never had this problem

However I never use :

Pre-AF

AF illuminator

Check if any of those options is also enabled that might slow down focussing and if you have “ release” enabled this might explain what you have

Go through this page

http://fujifilm-x.com/af/en/af_guide/index.html

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One thing that has given me inexplicable unsharp images in the past is the "AF+MF" setting that allows one to adjust focus after AF by turning the focus ring while half-pressing the shutter release.  (This setting is under Shooting Menu #5).  I happened to move the ring just by holding the camera while re-composing after AF.  I just disabled this ´feature´, and haven´t had the problem since.