X-T20: use of advanced filters

NHKeith

How are you using the advanced filters on the drive dial? They seem to me to be a feature that is using up valuable space on a camera control that would be better in a menu. Having direct access to something like turning on the self timer would be more useful on the drive dial. Anyone making good use of the advanced filters feature?

How are you using the advanced filters on the drive dial? They seem to me to be a feature that is using up valuable space on a camera control that would be better in a menu. Having direct access to something like turning on the self timer would be more useful on the drive dial. Anyone making good use of the advanced filters feature?

What advanced filters?

+1

Good idea. I suppose most people seldom use them, neither do I.

in some cameras they are under a menu.

I don’t mind to have them where they are in my X-T1 and yes, they are not much used the main reason being that it is not possible to shoot with them whilst shooting raw as well ( which I believe would be a real game changer in the use of these “ special effects” since you will have a back up without the effect).

in some cameras they are under a menu.

I don’t mind to have them where they are in my X-T1 and yes, they are not much used the main reason being that it is not possible to shoot with them whilst shooting raw as well ( which I believe would be a real game changer in the use of these “ special effects” since you will have a back up without the effect).

jpg+raw while shooting with effects: good idea too. Also, I would like the camera to shoot in jpg+raw while in auto mode - you put the camera into auto mode and hand it to someone to take a picture and you forget to move the exp. comp. dial back from your previous shot or the conditions are not ideal - the raw would come in handy.

yes, these days everyone feels that everything should be personalized to one’s taste or needs (whether they are real needs is a different thing).

I take a realist view to all of this and think that it will come to fruition if it possible at some stage, in the meantime I adapt and use what’s available within the limitations (mine or the equipment).

I will reword the question - what would be better on the drive dial than the advanced filters? I believe this should be for features that a significant number of users use regularly. Enabling self timer is one I would use a lot - I turn it on every time I use the tripod, having a filter for a black and white view would be more useful than the options provided. Anything else?

Edited by NHKeith

Enabling self timer is one I would use a lot - I turn it on every time I use the tripod

Makes sense to me, it was much easier to trip the timer in order to avoid camera shake on most cameras - even by means of a lever - than it is on most modern models

Edited by CDBC