How do you set an Xe2s so that the af point selector always comes up?

Hi all,

I just got an xe2s and wish to use the option to manually select the af point all the time but for the life of me I cannot find out how to set it. I can hit the Fnc button to pull it up on the lcd but wants I fire a frame it goes away and I have to repeat the process. Is it possible?

Thanks for any help.

Ed

As I see it you must have switched this function off as it is on by default.

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t2/menu_setup/screen_set-up/index.html#disp_custom_setting

Open the EVF LCD settings.

Go Display Custom settings

Focus frame (set on )

Go through these functions at least once to know what they do, go also through the manual at least once to see what the camera does.

Good luck!

Edited by milandro

As I see it you must have switched this function off as it is on by default.

http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t2/menu_setup/screen_set-up/index.html#disp_custom_setting

Open the EVF LCD settings.

Go Display Custom settings

Focus frame (set on )

Go through these functions at least once to know what they do, go also through the manual at least once to see what the camera does.

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply. I reset the camera and checked out the link and still cannot see where I can use the keypad to move the cursor around to select the focus sensor that I want to use instead of the camera. I went through the manual but can't seem to find the setting.

Also, is there a way to turn the back LCD off so that it will only come on after a picture has been made for review? I have a Nikon D7000 and am looking to emulate that operation if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Ed

well I described it to you, I can do it again but won’t change much.

I will do a step by step assuming you know absolutely nothing about Fuji cameras.

go to the wrench menu 1

the last menu of the series is the screens set up

enter

the last of all the options there is the screen custom settings

the 3rd is the af frame

tick it on

as for the image showing after the shot

same menu wrench 1

enter 

chose 1st option 

enter

chose between

continuous

1,5 sec

0,5 sec

off

Seriously this is all very basic and all contained in the manual , it is not a reproach or patronizing but you really need to go trough all the menu options one by one , hopefully while reading the manual, to find out what you have in you hands.

Good luck! Persevere.

Edited by milandro

well I described it to you, I can do it again but won’t change much.

I will do a step by step assuming you know absolutely nothing about Fuji cameras.

go to the wrench menu 1

the last menu of the series is the screens set up

enter

the last of all the options there is the screen custom settings

the 3rd is the af frame

tick it on

as for the image showing after the shot

same menu wrench 1

enter 

chose 1st option 

enter

chose between

continuous

1,5 sec

0,5 sec

off

Seriously this is all very basic and all contained in the manual , it is not a reproach or patronizing but you really need to go trough all the menu options one by one , hopefully while reading the manual, to find out what you have in you hands.

Good luck! Persevere.

Thanks for the help. I was able to get the screen to display after firing a shot but still the af selection is stumping me. I might not be explaining it well - Fuji terms vs. what I am used to.

Basically what I want to have is the camera set so I will always have the ability to select a specific AF sensor by hitting the left, top, right, or bottom keys that surround the Menu/OK button. Currently I see where it can be called up by hitting the bottom key which shows the + symbols that can be selected and I can select one but when I fire the camera it goes away. Seems pretty standard to have but I hope I don't have to hit the bottom key every time to make the change for which AF sensor to use.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

I don’t understand what you mean by “ a specific AF sensor” , you only have one and you can change its size and position at will on the grid of + signs.

If  you want to see the grid with all the + all the time in your screen, I am afraid you can’t ( nor would I understand why would anyone want to do this).

I don’t understand what you mean by “ a specific AF sensor” , you only have one and you can change its size and position at will on the grid of + signs.

If  you want to see the grid with all the + all the time in your screen, I am afraid you can’t ( nor would I understand why would anyone want to do this).

I guess I should've said, move the sensor's position by pressing the left/right/top/bottom buttons around the Menu/OK button. The best I have been able to determine is that you first have to hit the down button and then you can move it around. Seems like somewhat of a basic capability of a camera to give the ability to move the sensor that the camera uses to focus on. For example, if the camera is currently using the upper left location, I just want to tap the right button to move it over to the right without tapping any additional buttons.

no there is no other way to activate the autofocus area (leaving all the ++++ on)  in single focus mode that I know of.

You need to press the button, chose the area, from the on the +++++ grid will disappear and you will only see (provided you have it on) the focussing area, but not the grid, in your finder.

For moving subjects there is the possibility for the cameras to follow focusing , you can also have the camera focussing on the left or right eye ( but this is not to everyone’s liking).

this is about the X-T1 but it features the same autofocus specs that your camera has. See it summarized here.

Edited by milandro

no there is no other way to activate the autofocus area (leaving all the ++++ on)  in single focus mode that I know of.

You need to press the button, chose the area, from the on the +++++ grid will disappear and you will only see (provided you have it on) the focussing area, but not the grid, in your finder.

For moving subjects there is the possibility for the cameras to follow focusing , you can also have the camera focussing on the left or right eye ( but this is not to everyone’s liking).

this is about the X-T1 but it features the same autofocus specs that your camera has. See it summarized here.

So I found a solution that may work for me. I set all four of the function buttons to go to Focus Area. If I need the focus area to go left I can hit the left button twice and that kinda does what I want it to do.

if you are happy this way great.

I have assigned this function to a button of the dpad then I press ( programmable as all the buttons of the camera) it and then you move the pointer, but of course it needs being turned on each time and doesn’t stay on.

Edited by milandro

• 1 month later...