Which 1:1 macro lens would you get?

Gilzuma

I’m currently looking to buy a 1:1 lens for my fuji. I really enjoy macro but am having a hard time making a decision on which lens:

Zeiss Touit 50mm 2.8 macro

Or

Fujifilm 80mm 2.8 macro

What are your thoughts? Which would you buy and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 80mm:

1) You have to be very close to your subject with the 50mm. I had it and sold it. The 80mm lets you stand further back, and it also takes the 1.4x and 2x teleconverters, meaning you can be very far away from your subject. If you shoot with a tripod, the 50mm is very hard to use.

2) The 80mm has stabilisation. Again, with a tripod you would turn it off, but if you shoot handheld, you get 5 stops of stabilisation. Shooting a still subject will be far easier, you can use a lower ISO for more detail.

3) The 80mm has a switch to choose focusing distance. This speeds up macro shooting if you are doing pure macro, but it's a great general lens too, with a useful focal length, and speedy focusing on general shooting, unlike the Zeiss, which is slower to focus.

Anyway, mine's on order  :) , has been since the day it was announced.

Mike

Edited by Mike-Photos

The 80mm:

1) You have to be very close to your subject with the 50mm. I had it and sold it. The 80mm lets you stand further back, and it also takes the 1.4x and 2x teleconverters, meaning you can be very far away from your subject. If you shoot with a tripod, the 50mm is very hard to use.

2) The 80mm has stabilisation. Again, with a tripod you would turn it off, but if you shoot handheld, you get 5 stops of stabilisation. Shooting a still subject will be far easier, you can use a lower ISO for more detail.

3) The 80mm has a switch to choose focusing distance. This speeds up macro shooting if you are doing pure macro, but it's a great general lens too, with a useful focal length, and speedy focusing on general shooting, unlike the Zeiss, which is slower to focus.

Anyway, mine's on order :) , has been since the day it was announced.

Mike

And mine! Bloody annoying waiting though!

Edited by Mike G