milandro

X-T1 still f/s at relatively high prices, do they sell?

Periodically I do have a look on the site of my trusted chain of camera shops in the NL and to my amazement I see the “ old” X-T1 still for sale at relatively high prices for a camera that is last year’s flavor of the month .

:huh: I own, use and love the X-T1 and will only (at this point) part from it when it stops working. I am really doing all I need to do and I don’t see how any of the new cameras would make me do anything in a better way than my camera does already.

Having said this.

The graphite edition body would set you back now €999 which, if you ask me, is still a VERY respectable amount of money.

https://www.kamera-express.nl/product/12201039/fujifilm-x-t1-graphite-zilver-body-flitser/?channable=e27102.MTIyMDEwMzk

But are these cameras still selling? Really? I can’t imagine someone whom, would go in a shop and buy a digital camera that is no longer in production (how different it was the secondhand camera business in the days when you could have used a camera for decades without becoming truly obsolete).

Why don’t they slash the price down and get rid of the aging stock before it becomes truly unsellable?  :ph34r:

Edited by milandro

Prices for used are set by demand and it seems that used X-T1's are selling quickly at only a modest discount to the price of new. That tells me the relatively high price of a camera that has been superseded is realistic. I guess we're not the only ones watching for that drop!