Velbon Tripod Accessories

KateB

I need your help in your particular region.

I recently bought a Velbon M43 tripod. Now I know from my research that Velbon has different tripod models in different regions. I was searching for a lightweight tripod and found this model in the Asia/Middle East region. It weighs only 880 grammes (1.94 pounds), which is amazingly light for an aluminium tripod. It suits me very well, it’s light, tall and relatively sturdy.

However I’m looking for two things:

1) An End Hook for hanging a bag or weight on bottom of the central column. It comes on the Velbon Geo in some regions.

2) An Arca Swiss (or equivalent) mounting plate. I cannot find this on any Velbon tripods in Europe or the Middle East. I can find an adaptor plate that will fit, but I’m looking for a more elegant solution.

So the questions are:

In your region does Velbon sell spare parts for tripods as I’d like to get an End Hook for a Geo and adapt it for my tripod?

In your region, does Velbon have Arca Swiss heads? I have searched the internet extensively.

Like I say, Velbon Tripod model vary widely from region to region; so I’m hoping that other regions have a solution.

I need your help in your particular region.

I recently bought a Velbon M43 tripod. Now I know from my research that Velbon has different tripod models in different regions. I was searching for a lightweight tripod and found this model in the Asia/Middle East region. It weighs only 880 grammes (1.94 pounds), which is amazingly light for an aluminium tripod. It suits me very well, it’s light, tall and relatively sturdy.

However I’m looking for two things:

1) An End Hook for hanging a bag or weight on bottom of the central column. It comes on the Velbon Geo in some regions.

2) An Arca Swiss (or equivalent) mounting plate. I cannot find this on any Velbon tripods in Europe or the Middle East. I can find an adaptor plate that will fit, but I’m looking for a more elegant solution.

So the questions are:

In your region does Velbon sell spare parts for tripods as I’d like to get an End Hook for a Geo and adapt it for my tripod?

In your region, does Velbon have Arca Swiss heads? I have searched the internet extensively.

Like I say, Velbon Tripod model vary widely from region to region; so I’m hoping that other regions have a solution.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/END-HOOK-PRO-Velbon-End-Hook-With-3-8-TO-1-4-screw-For-ANY-BRAND-TRIPOD-/322392176362?hash=item4b101236ea:g:uocAAOSwo4pYfFbq

Would this be of any use Kate?

or this one: https://uk.eetgroup.com/i/END20HOOK-Velbon-End-hook or https://www.amazon.co.uk/Velbon-End-hook-END_HOOK-adding-stabilize/dp/B00B49AW22

I ha e found a similar one to that that fixes to the removable Velbon camera mount, but I was wondering if Velbon actually made an Arca Suisse head.

That I don't know I haven't found one. I do love the look of this though: 

Velbon PHD66Q Revolving Panhead

You might be interested in this as it comes with a Arca standard plate. https://www.peakdesign.com/slidelite, I just bought this.

Ahh therein is the issue; we come back to the initial issue. If you recall, I use the Peak Design system plus I have a Fuji grip, so the whole thing was bulky with base plate as well, so I modified the Peak Design system to eliminate the PD base plate.

The Fuji hand grip has an Arca Swiss fitting, so here I am at my original query.

I think the only option for me is to install a converter on my Velbon tripod so that it will accept Arca Swiss. I’d rather have the bulk on the tripod that the camera itself.

Thanks for the suggestion in any case.

Edited by KateB