X-T1 creating very fine horizontal lines after using some quite time

teddymon

Hi guys,

I've got problem with my Xt1, normally when I turn on my cam and start photo, the first few images were good and no issue. However, when a certain period of usage, I noticed very fine horizontal lines on the screen. It is not just on the screen or evf. It was visible as well in the output photos. Hope do you have any idea what's happening with my Xt1. Please see the attached sample image. Any advise for resolution. Thank you.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there - also a newbie here.

I've come across exactly the same effect with my new X-T20; it's almost as though the image is printed on a fine canvas.  I've eventually traced it to my RAW conversion process. I'm still using Photoshop CS6 as I don't like Adobe's Creative Cloud 'Rental only' payment system, so the X-T20 isn't recognised and I had to use Adobe's DNG converter to download usable DNG files. When I opened the converted files in CS6 I had exactly the same pattern as you. 

After reading a few forums I've now downloaded Iridient X-transformer (for Mac or Windows) which is specifically designed for the X-Trans sensor and the problem is gone. The cost is under £30 and it's slow but brilliant for X-Tran sensor files and gives you usable DNG files you can edit in your usual software.

I hope this helps.

Phil