I got rid of all my canon gear except for the EFS 10-18mm lens for which I bought the fotodiox adapter on amazon. For some reason, the lens does focus to infinity at 10mm. It only focuses if I get very close to an object (at 10mm). At 18mm however, it focuses to infinity just fine. Any ideas why this is?

Camera setting:

Manual Mode

Canon lens is also on manual focus

I input the focal length of 10mm in the menu under lens mount adapter setting

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By huck222
      Hi all, does anyone have experience with a K&F adapter and the Canon TSE lens? I understand i cannot set the aperture with the Fuji camera. Now: Some say a canon lens will default to open aperture. While K&F says, it will stop down fully, (which i can't imagine).
      Some say, set the aperture on a Canon body, then take the lens off (probably while holding the shut-aperture-button??).
      Can anyone tell if and how it works? Thanks! I mean, that TSE 17 mm is a wonderful piece of glass and all 😃
    • By TPiorkowski
      Southport Harbor
      Southport, Connecticut
      May 2017
      Fuji X-T1, 10-24MM
    • By markwelsh
      Hi,

I've just bought the Fuji XF 100-400mm lens to go on my Fuji X-T1. Yesterday I tried it out for the first time, and straight away I have a problem, the image that I see in the EVF is great but when I take a photo and view it, the photo is very dark even though I'm shooting in daylight. I have already updated the firmware for the lens and my X-T1 has the latest firmware as well. The exposure dial is set to '0' so it's not that. Has anyone got a suggestion as to what could be causing this? I have the ISO set to 'A', shutter set to 1000. The lens is set to auto aperture, I've also tried manual aperture but got the same result.

I'm fairly new to Fuji so it's probably some simple fix that I'm missing.

Kind regards
      Mark
    • By Ultraphox
      I just switched from Nikon to Fuji about two months ago! I sold my Nikon D750, D5200 and lenses and bought the X-T1, X-E1 (backup body) and the X-100 as a travel camera. I also got the 56mm 1.2 R, the 23mm 1.4 and the Rokinon 10mm 2.8. I've done one wedding so far and several real estate jobs and I am in love with Fuji! Their lens selection is superb and their primes are to drool over. Knowing what I could get from their lenses was the deciding factor in my decision to switch. I'm in love with the X-T1. It has spoiled me for DSLR's. I never want to go back. There is something about shooting with Fuji's that inspires and is enjoyable. Fuji camera's also have some much class and style. In my opinion, the graphite silver X-T1 is the best looking digital camera on the market, followed very closely by the X100 series. 

I love photography and Fuji's enhance that love. They inspire creativity. I'm so happy to have the Fuji community to be able to connect with! 

Attached is a shot I got of my wife in a hotel room several weeks back. Taken with the X-100. 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  

• By JoyN
      Please could someone - preferably a wedding photographer give me their step by step workflow for processing Raws from Xt-1 ? - I didn't fully realise that they aren't best converted in LR so the thought of taking them via another converter seems like alot of extra work! - I have swapped from Canon for the advantages fuji offer in noise at higher iso so quality and sharpness is my primary concern. If I have to use another converter then ok but which one? And do I still use LR for tweaking exposure /colour etc - there are a lot of conflicting opinions out there!
      Also another prob is I have a windows 10 laptop and also an imac running yosemite so I do need some consistency between the two. Thankyou