minor firmware upgrades for 18-55 and 10-24

BobJ

Just to say that firmware upgrades were posted by Fuji on October 5th. Don't know what "shaking in peripheral part of images" means though. I can't say I ever noticed it. I have applied the upgrades and the upgrade for the X-T2 and it all went OK.

I have to say, I know exactly what the "shaking" was. I got the 18-55 mm as part of the kit with my X-T10 but it very quickly became my least used lens as I built my collection. In a lot of images, it looked like there was motion blur or an out of focus area near the corners of the image that wasn't in motion or shouldn't have been out of focus given the aperture setting. I also had an occasional issue where I would get a lens control error when using the OIS. I did the upgrade and took the lens out with my X-E1 yesterday and to shoot some fall foliage and I feel like I've gotten a brand new lens. Neither issue reared its head all day.

Yes, it looks to be exactly a problem that I get sometimes with both my 18-55 and 10-24.
A little blurred areas close to corners or edges. Central area of image is always OK.
It's happened only sometimes and visible only at full resolution.
My shooting manner is to take 2-3 shoots of the same scene in purpose to avoid possible camera shake or autofocus miss and then to pick the best copy. So that local "shaking" is not so critical. But annoying of course.
I was shured the problem is related to the OIS. Not the major malfunction of operation, lets to say, non-ideality at some cases.
I did these new firmware updates of both lenses, but still don't have an opportunity to check it thoroughly. Hope it will be the solution.

I'm looking forward to updating and testing my 10-24mm. This was my big complaint about it and causes me to keep the OIS turned off except when I'm shooting dark, interior architecture, such as old cathedrals. I still like the lens and I'll probably still keep it turned off unless absolutely needed, but if they've made progress in fixing this issue it will be most welcome.