Alternatives to LR - Assets management

Hi everyone, Hope you're all doing well.

I'm on the verge of kicking LR out of my system. The only thing preventing this are its superb management and organizing features.

Even though I mostly use Capture One Pro now, I have to admit that it does not have the robust features of LR for managing files and that I fear to rely solely on it. In fact, on several occasions in the past months, I encountered the dreadfull "link is missing to the database" message and had to reimport everything, loosing all variants along the way, as well as colour labels and app specific ratings or keywords I may have created, of course. Luckily, I had LR to recover some of this information.

Does anybody use a DAM application on the side?

Which would be your suggestions to help me out on this?

I'll greatly appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks to all and have a great afternoon. 

I use Photo Mechanic from camerabits.com. I was using Apple's Aperture & ran into the broken links. I organize my photos in Finder on a Mac (but you can do this in Windows too). Photo Mechanic stores your meta data, ratings etc in the jpg and in a xml sidecar file for raw files.

• 11 months later...

I use ACDSee. Fast, reliable even with a huge database, you can switch between several db, and you have photo editing (and raw developing) modes integrated into the same package, layer-based, non-destructive. Have a look at the list of their video tutorials on their site to get a quick idea of the features. For raw developing I use Silkypix (called straight from ACDSee).