Fuji X-PRO 2 will come only in to 2016 (trusted source) – waiting for the Sony A7000 sensor?

Patrick FR

Great! I personally hope they steer clear of X-Trans on it, causes more problems than it ever solved IMO. Just a great, new, BSI or whatever sensor which has great dynamic range, low noise, good detail, to really let those X-lenses shine and avoid post-processing problems.

The X-Pro stable has never been about speed. It's more about picture IQ and a shooting experience. It'll probably never rival the X-T range.

Not all photographers are chasing fast moving objects. It's about slowing the pace a little to take that nice picture during a nice walk....somewhere.

With that, I am expecting stupendous picture quality from the X-Pro2.

Ektachrome

The whole processing problems thing is getting tired. There are only problems with LR and they are very slowly getting fixed.

The alternative is you can go with any of the myriad alternatives as a post processing tool.

I just don't get the attitude, the X-Trans in my opinion when processed well gives fantastic results. I am only interested in the quality of the end product, if I have to change my processing tool then so be it.

Where do you draw the line. Oh I want better picture quality but buying a new lens is too much effort, actually buying a camera is too much effort, hang on taking pictures is too much effort.

I really don't want to see progress and development of interesting new technologies to be limited by lazy people thank you, otherwize I would be writing this in ink and posting it.

G

I watch the Sony Alpha 7 for a while. Many variants. Fast and active development. Full format. Great lenses. Maybe I should try one to shorten waiting time?   :rolleyes:

I have tested the a7 extensively. Speaking of the original a7 and a7ii, no serious advantage concerning potential image quality, even while using the same lenses. In fact I've made a comparison using the same legacy manual lenses, with the Fuji utilizing a focal reducer.

The a7ii has IBIS, which is a considerable advantage. OTOH, if you consider available Fuji lenses vs available (native) Sony ones, the end result, IMHO, favors Fuji. Not to mention that cost is higher for a similar a7 system. Personally I also find the look of the Fuji output much more pleasant and "organic" looking.

The a7R and, of course, a7Rii are another matter. If you need high pixel count the a7R is a good bet, albeit with serious quirks, such as shutter shock. The a7Rii seems to be a superb, albeit expensive, imaging tool, which I myself will seriously consider when lens line-up is a tad more mature.

I'm not trying to belittle Sonys and I'm far from a fanboy (in fact, I use them too, as well as Olympus and Panasonic cameras). For the time being, it is a somewhat limited system, very good for adapted lenses and for those that are ok with the current lens ecosystem.