Silkypix Update / Seems Fast To Me / Was Speed Improved?

Silkypix just had an update.

I haven't tried Silkypix in years, as it was terribly slow.

For the heck of it I downloaded it and tried it out today and it moves along just find and converts as fast as LR.

I hate the terminology and interface, and will need to take a tutorial....

Why do I see so many complaints about Silkypix being slow?

Did the update resolve something?

Why the bad rap, besides the odd language and interface?

-Peter

• 1 month later...

Silkypix just had an update.

I haven't tried Silkypix in years, as it was terribly slow.

For the heck of it I downloaded it and tried it out today and it moves along just find and converts as fast as LR.

I hate the terminology and interface, and will need to take a tutorial....

Why do I see so many complaints about Silkypix being slow?

-Peter

I have just returned to SP 7 Pro after a year with LR. Having learnt more about image editing first principles, I am liking SP more and more and getting better results than with LR. Looking at upgrading to SP8 Pro. I recommend SilkySoul YouTube videos to help you better understand SP. Terrible translation but very interesting, if you pay close attention.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Since I'm also on the way leaving Lr behind I considered ON1, Capture One and MacPhun... of which only C1 currently has the DAM part covered... but the other two plan to deliver it 2018.

But I never considered Silkypix (mainly to the reason the version coming with the Fuji-cam is lacking so much features - really not sure, if Ichikawa is doing itself a favour bundling such a ancient version with new cameras).

Seems Silkypix Studio Pro 8 should be another candidate on my evaluation-list - especially, since you get 100€ discount as Fuji-user.

Edited by ThorstenMUC

Silkypix just had an update....

-Peter

Peter,

I have been using ACDSee for DAM for ages because it is very fast. SP interface takes the same time to get used to as any other raw converter and the results are good. The film simulations are, as far as I can tell, equivalent to sooc. I have SP V8 Pro and it is fast on my machine (i5 7500, NVMe SSD), but so was the V6. I suppose the "bad rap" comes from the fact that most people have been using LR for a long time and most photographers are more artistic than technical kind of people and they find it difficult to try new things. Cheers

George

• 2 weeks later...

Peter,

I have been using ACDSee for DAM for ages because it is very fast. SP interface takes the same time to get used to as any other raw converter and the results are good. The film simulations are, as far as I can tell, equivalent to sooc. I have SP V8 Pro and it is fast on my machine (i5 7500, NVMe SSD), but so was the V6. I suppose the "bad rap" comes from the fact that most people have been using LR for a long time and most photographers are more artistic than technical kind of people and they find it difficult to try new things. Cheers

George

Hi, I have been trying to buy the upgrade to SP 8 pro (have Pro 7), but the EU website has problems. Where did you get Pro8 from? Was it an upgrade? Thanks.

Hi, I have been trying to buy the upgrade to SP 8 pro (have Pro 7), but the EU website has problems. Where did you get Pro8 from? Was it an upgrade? Thanks.

I have it from silkypix.eu, it was an upgrade from V6. What problems ? The silkypix.eu website seems to be working just fine right now, both with Chrome and with Edge. You are welcome.

I have it from silkypix.eu, it was an upgrade from V6. What problems ? The silkypix.eu website seems to be working just fine right now, both with Chrome and with Edge. You are welcome.

Thanks. I have tried several times to buy an upgrade to Pro7 but nothing gets added to the basket. Tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome on W10 machine. Getting no response from any email I send to as many email addresses as I can find, including Silkypix Japan. May try using a Linux machine to get the exe downloaded.

Edited by Kentman

Thanks. I have tried several times to buy an upgrade to Pro7 but nothing gets added to the basket. Tried Edge, Firefox and Chrome on W10 machine. Getting no response from any email I send to as many email addresses as I can find, including Silkypix Japan. May try using a Linux machine to get the exe downloaded.

Well, you are right. I just tried to buy something and the same happened to me - shopping cart empty. For how many days have you been trying ?

I filled in their support form (which responded that it was received alright) to describe the problem. I will let you know if they respond.

Edited by George_P

Well, you are right. I just tried to buy something and the same happened to me - shopping cart empty. For how many days have you been trying ?

I filled in their support form (which responded that it was received alright) to describe the problem. I will let you know if they respond.

I have again reported it via that support form. That will be the third time. It has been non-functional for a week. I will let you know if I get a response. Please let me know if they respond to you. At least I now know it not only me that is seeing the issue.

Edited by Kentman

I have again reported it via that support form. That will be the third time. It has been non-functional for a week. I will let you know if I get a response. Please let me know if they respond to you. At least I now know it not only me that is seeing the issue.

I have just had a response from Japan. "Due to various circumstances,

Globell B.V. is currently stopping selling."

I am being offered help to upgrade via the ISL online store, which I will do. So, for anybody wanting Silkypix, contact info_english@usl.co.jp.