Aurora 2018 for single image RAW X-Trans processing

Hi All,

I just posted an article about using Macphun's new Aurora HDR 2018 as a single image raw processor, especially for Fuji X-Trans. After using it to process several types of images I developed a custom X-Trans preset (for free- see my article) that I feel is helpful for about half of the images. Macphun is also offering a deal on pre-orders- I have links in the article.

I'm not a big HDR guy and I didn't initially think of using it for X-Trans raw processing until I started my review process. It's noticeably faster than Luminar and I think it provides a great starting point. I still am using LR for cataloging, ON1 for culling and some processing tasks but it provides a nice option that can really save some time for raw optimization.

Hope you find the information useful and let me know what y'all think.

Cheers,
Joel

*I've posted this on another Fuji forum so sorry for any cross-forum redundancy.

Hi All,

I just posted an article about using Macphun's new Aurora HDR 2018 as a single image raw processor, especially for Fuji X-Trans. After using it to process several types of images I developed a custom X-Trans preset (for free- see my article) that I feel is helpful for about half of the images. Macphun is also offering a deal on pre-orders- I have links in the article...Hope you find the information useful and let me know what y'all think.

Last night I updated my custom preset for Aurora 2018 and really like the results! I provide it for free- just follow the details in my article. If you got it before last night (23 Sept), let me know and I'll send you the new one.

• 1 month later...