Fujifilm X-T100 Rumors

Patrick FR

We really don’t know anything other than the name.

Probably we don’t need this camera if it has an older sensor ( in which case buy used or left over in shops I am still hanging on my XT1 and still see no reason to upgrade). 

Maybe this is one of the cameras that later will be known as: “ What the hell were they thinking” model. 

I see someone in the “ discussion” http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-now-working-fujifilm-x-t100/ who thinks this might be a compact with a built in zoom.

Well, Fuji lost lots of money on the X10-20-30 ( I liked my X10 for what it was and could do) so I don’t think that they are going to repeat the experiment with a larger sensor ( par of the appeal was the size).

There is certainly a scope for a cheaper X camera for the Asian markets in particular Thailand  ( Which have always favored the XA series), maybe that’s what they are thinking? But one of the most important selling points there is the LCD tilting towards the subject for selfie purposes. But since the XA3 has a different sensor ( but 24Mp) it might fit somewhere in there somehow.

€500 including lens?

If they can pull it off.

All the cameras they tried before in this price class  ( XA and XM ) only sold because they had flashy colors and their sales were mostly concentrated in Thailand ( for some reasons).

I think that they are getting their demographics wrong , but time will tell.

Fuji released the X-A10, which as far as i can tell is very similar to the X-A1/2 - using up old sensors in a new model at a lower price point?

If the X-T100 is an interchangeable lens camera, it is possible they are doing the same thing with Xtrans2 sensors to create a cheaper entry level point with a revamped X-T10

Fujifilm X-T100 Currently Planed with Bayer Sensor

http://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t100-currently-planed-bayer-sensor/

I don't use a Bayer Sensor to plane my wood, my wood plane works so much better!  :P  So, a planed X-T100 would be an interestingly slim camera  :D ! I think you mean planned (2x n)! Sorry I know it's not your mother tongue but I had to laugh!

• 7 months later...

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujfilm-announcement-coming-within-2-weeks-fujifilm-x-t100-instax-sq6-and-surprises/

The last known information about this camera hint a XT20 sibling with bayer sensor.

If Fuji really want to compete with Sonys A6000 then the XT100 need most of the XT20 DNA. Including fast AF with PDAF and a fast framerate of 7+ fps. The A6000 is quite old by today but it offers 11fps and very fast PDAF. If they manage to put very good full HD into the new XT100 it is all I would ask for in a bayer body with EVF.

Personally I wish for a XT or XE body with AA-less bayer sensor. I would prefer a XE body with flip screen. But Fuji does not listen to me. ;-)

well, I actually find it very nice looking (I’ll see what it feels like).

Not only, looks aside, the price is rather incredible if that includes the lens too (we shall see in my country how much that will be).

This camera, with its “ reflex look” pleases my eye. I don’t really have any opinion on how this sensor performs but I am pretty sure that it won’t disappoint.

Again, I will only change my X-T1 when it stops working. I have not yet had any reason to think about a replacement BUT if there needs be one, this could be it.

That's 599 Euro for the body alone, milandro. Prices should be the same in Belgium and The Netherlands.

Yeah, my X-T1 still rocks too. Will it live forever? However, on paper, the X-T100 looks like it has superior IQ, unless the processor of the X-T100 screws things up, of course.

Anyway, even if I decide not to buy one new, it would be hard to resist a used one for 400 Euro. 

Sure! When the price it will be near 400€ , I think that everyone will buy it, also if it is not the principal camera,  because the camera is small and beautiful and to many of us it remebers the  Nikon small cameras of seventy years.

Edited by bergat

Sure! When the price it will be near 400€ , I think that everyone will buy it...

No, I won't buy the thing just because it might look cute as it adds zero value to my shooting experience. I'd rather buy some lenses or hundred rolls of film.