Distracting battery warning icon.

pixelfair

I'm a brand new X-T2 owner and so far I love the camera. I have the vertical booster grip, and I love being able to have three batteries always in the camera. However...When the first battery empties, it's icon turns red. I find that incredibly distracting. I don't want a red icon anywhere in the EVF, escpecially for something as un-dramatic as 1 out 3 batteries being out of power. So I thought OK, let me turn off the battery icons in the EVF altogether. But then it stays! Even if I switch off all the items in the Custom Display menu, that red icon is still there. Is there any way to turn this off, or am I doomed to staring at a red warning icon even with two fresh batteries still to go?

Yep. That works. Not ideal but ok... I refuse to look at a red battery icon while having two fresh batteries in the camera.

Fair enough, but being as the camera is a battery pig, and being as using the grip is providing power from three batteries instead of one (however configured electronically) what else else is viable?

People would be most unhappy if the camera was running low on juice, and didn't tell them; this is sort of a fundamental thing in all the devices we use from laptops to iPhones that run on batteries.

But people would probably also object if the display had three independent battery charge indicators, using up screen space, I bet.

So for most users (which is all the manufacturer can hope to satisfy, because you sure as hell can't make everyone happy) having the camera tell you as obviously as possible that your ability to continue using the device without it shutting down seems like the answer.

For myself, so far I only have the camera with the battery that came with it and the additional battery I bought as my own backup.  I'm still saving up my shekels to buy the grip, plus another couple of batteries to put in it; which here in Canada represents an outlay of about $500, and that's a heck of an expense quite frankly.

It seems to discharge the batteries in a different order depending on the mode used. See my older thread.

http://www.fuji-x-forum.com/index.php?/topic/5539-X-t2-grip-discharging-batteries-unevenly

If you don't need to use a particular mode then maybe try using a different one. Hopefully the November firmware might address this.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk