HOT: First Images of the Fujinon XF 8-16mmF2.8 and XF 200mmF2

Patrick FR

I hope that is wrong! Next concern would be the weight, but a 200mm (300 in 35mm terms) F2 would be fantastic. I guess I am an eternal optimist who wants such a lens that doesn't weigh a ton. Once upon a time I thought that holy grail was the mirror lens alas they did not live up to the dream.

I hope that is wrong! Next concern would be the weight, but a 200mm (300 in 35mm terms) F2 would be fantastic. I guess I am an eternal optimist who wants such a lens that doesn't weigh a ton. Once upon a time I thought that holy grail was the mirror lens alas they did not live up to the dream.

Look at the size of Canon's and Nikon's 200mm f2 lenses.  They are not light.  Fuji's will be similar to them.  Hopefully they take a design queue from Canon/Nikon where they have a 52mm drop-in filter.

Look at the size of Canon's and Nikon's 200mm f2 lenses.  They are not light.  Fuji's will be similar to them.  Hopefully they take a design queue from Canon/Nikon where they have a 52mm drop-in filter.

True what you say. I would love such a lens, but just not the weight. As I age I have to accept the fact that the heavier lenses are now for me tripod only or not at all. As I take a tripod rarely you can see that one half says ooh what a beauty that 200mm is, whilst the other half says, no way Stevie boy.