Fujifilm X70 Rumors

Patrick FR

On, no good point. So not EVEN an X-E2. Darn. Hopefully that will make it really tiny, and inexpensive, I suppose?

I know the GR does pretty well as a pocket camera, but my personal priorities mean I would never be able to use a camera without a viewfinder. 

I'd like to see different versions of it like the RX100 series by Sony.  It could be an X70 with pop up flash.  Than an X70ii with a pop up viewfinder, etc...

But professional capabilities are a must like the GR and RX100 series cameras.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel that Fuji is diluting the camera line, and it's efforts.  I wish they focused on updating the aged X-Pro1, and I also wish they upgraded the X-T1 to 24 or 30 Megapixels.  Yes, I know the argument about more megapixels isn't a good thing, but I shoot a lot of stock with the X-T1 and my D800.  Quite frankly I would love to dump the D800 and the Nikon lenses.  However, even though 39% of my sales are X files, as opposed to 20% D800 I still would like some more pixels to make the X-T1 files larger and more attractive to potential buyers -- plus, it'll save me some backaches down the road as I won't feel guilty about not taking the D800 out on shoots.

But, that's just me talking...

Best all.

J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I would be very interested in this X70. I hope for it to be in the line of he Ricoh GR / Nikon Coolpix A ... A camera that in fix focal length and pocketable. I long for a great small pocketable Fuji camera. Perfect for on the the go and traveling from A to B between jobs. This will go up against smart phones (iPhone 6) ... But personally I would also go for a 'camera' rather than a phone.

there is a market for any camera, I guess.

However having a camera like this with no EVF but just the LCD positions it into a very small niche , methinks.

A Fuji hot-shoe optical viewfinder would be a nice solution to that - just as Ricoh offer for the GR. Would probably cost a fair bit, but i'd probably be tempted!

Adding an EVF as an accessory to the camera will have its retro charm

Feininger,_The_Photojournalist.jpg

but what would be the point if you can buy a X-100t with the EVF and the OVF already? Adding an accessory will probably make the camera more expensive than the one with both EVF and OVF.

Well i think an OVF only accessory would make more sense - that way you can bring something new to the EVF or LCD-only range of x-cameras. But i see your point that in introducing an accessory like this you start to blur the line between different cameras and what features they offer. I guess your example also applies to adding an OVF to the X-E2 (why not just get an X-Pro). 

Options are a good thing though, i personally like the ability to add accessories depending on what, where and when i shoot - for example adding the hand-grip to my x-e2 when using larger lenses or loosing it once a smaller prime is attached for a lighter more discreet package.

Options are a good thing but there is a point in which you start competing with yourself when you take two customers who would have bought a Fuji camera already but by offering yet another model you push one towards one model and one towards another.

It is a complicated thing but the most stupid thing that a company can do is to become their own competitors.

• 3 weeks later...