Macro with Fuji X

Enzio

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

X100T has a cool macro mode! Bad news: you need to be very close... Good news: it develops your ninja skills!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

I am struggling with a conversion to Fuji for macro. My old Nikon macro rig consisted of a D7100 with the 105 VRG lens. I want to get to 1:1 using my Fuji XE2s. Any suggestions? It seems that my options are either a 60 coupled with extension tubes or the new 80 2.8 macro. Unfortunately the second option isn't in my budget.

I am willing to consider manual focus options, but prefer to have AF capability.

Thanks, Allen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I am struggling with a conversion to Fuji for macro. My old Nikon macro rig consisted of a D7100 with the 105 VRG lens. I want to get to 1:1 using my Fuji XE2s. Any suggestions? It seems that my options are either a 60 coupled with extension tubes or the new 80 2.8 macro. Unfortunately the second option isn't in my budget.

I am willing to consider manual focus options, but prefer to have AF capability.

Thanks, Allen

I know the 80mm is expensive, but it's in the same order of pricing as the Nikon 105. It's also the best 1:1 lens I have ever used. I have used the Minolta and Sony ones extensively and the Nikon.

The stabilization is superb and makes a real difference. In addition, coupled with the 1.4x extender, you have a 180mm reach in FF terms, which gives you lots and lots of working room.

Finally, unlike other macro lenses, it's no slouch in terms of focusing speed in non-macro circumstances, which makes it a pretty decent telephoto lens.

Finally, it's by far the sharpest macro I have ever used, and it's probably the sharpest Fuji lens out there. I sold my 90mm F/2 after I got the macro.

I'll post some samples in this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Fuji X-H1 + XF 60/2.4 Macro ... Crop ... :)

Fliege (Brachycera) by Enzio Harpaintner, auf Flickr

On 8/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, Enzio said:

Fuji X-H1 + XF 60/2.4 Macro ... Crop ... :)

one more ... :)

Fuji-XF60-Bokeh-Bild by Enzio Harpaintner, auf Flickr