Fuji XE2 with manual lenses

Ive been using the Fuji X system for just over a year and have recently purchased an XE2, I normally use my 35mm f2WR with it.

I also have a Nikon FX system  and several old manual focus lenses of varying brands.

Ive recently been using the Nikon 20mm f1.8G lens with great results but the focus throw is small I can sometimes find it difficlut to get pin sharp focus.

Ive also used the Nikon 85mm f1.8G lens with great results.

One of my favourites is the Helios 58mm f2 lens which produces really good results.

Ive not used my Tamron 80-210 manual lens yet.

I dont find it that easy to use the split image focussing system or indeed the focus peaking, I find it much easeir to use the plain screen to focus.

Just thought Id share my experiences.

I use the magnifying method and works very well, once you get the hang of into find it blind while shooting. I have now more lenses with manual focus than without.

Of course this is not always easy with extreme wideangles ( 8mm and 12mm) so I rely on the hyperfocal there. I don’t enjoy the use of zooms it manual focus, especially those with a one control only, pump action.

I aso have to say that I have never found a classic wideangle that could be at par with one specifically made for these cameras. 

Edited by milandro