Closing XT2 battery door with dummy battery in place

I'm wanting to use my new XT2 for meteor photography - taking a series of 20sec exposures over several hours at night. To ensure I don't have to keep replacing batteries throughout the night, I have bought an external power source which powers a dummy battery, replacing the original battery.  

My question relates to closure of the battery door.  I have lifted the small plastic plug, with long nose pliers, which is attached to a rubber strip. The cable, leading from the dummy battery, fits through a round aperture in the plastic plug.  The plug can then be pushed to one side, via the rubber strip, to allow the battery door to close.

This looks to be the way it works but I can find nothing in the instructions, or on the internet, to confirm this.  Can any one confirm I have it right. I don't want to damage the camera!  Many thanks.

Tony

I don't know about the X-T2, but in the X-T20 manual there's a documented "Cable channel cover for DC coupler" -- see part #36.
http://fujifilm-dsc.com/en/manual/x-t20/about_this_camera/parts/index.html

It's a rectangular section on the right edge of the battery cover.

I know on the X-T1, you had to have the battery grip to use the DC coupler. In reading about the X-T2 battery grip, it sounds like you'd simply use that instead of the separate power unit. From what I can tell, if you have the charging cord plugged into the grip and then turn on the X-T2, the camera is powered but the grip isn't charged.

Edited by Doug Pardee

Thanks for those comments, guys.  I did think of buying the battery grip but didn't want to add weight and expense.

I'm really surprised there is no mention by Fuji in any of its documents about this small plastic plug which, now, I find I can lift with a finger nail.  I've used the dummy battery a few times in recent days.  It's very useful to have a power source equivalent to 10/12 batteries!  I don't think the battery door pinches the cable leading out of the dummy battery.  The only reference I can find to using a dummy battery is in this link...https://www.fujix-forum.com/threads/fujifilm-ac-9v-ac-power-adapter-how-to-use.32973/

Two posters actually refer to leaving the battery door open.  Surely I'm not the only one who's discovered the 'small plastic plug' and what Fuji presumably has designed it for!