Sports photography and Godox HSS

HendrikOsula

Hi fellow Fuji shooters!

I have been covering FIBA Basketball U18 European Championship Division B in Tallinn for FIBA Europe and as on Tuesday I received my new Godox AD200 flashes and Godox X1T-F transmitter, I have been trying them out on court! I have to say that at first it took some time to get used to new system as I haven't used flashes too much with Fuji before, but when I got the grip of it, it works well. HSS doesn't lose too much power with AD200 strobes, which is surprising and that way it works great for sports! The only issue I have found is that about every 6-7 shot I take the flash syncs too early or too late so I miss the shot. I don't know if there is something with my shutter speed (1/1000 - 1/2000s) or the venues. I hope to get more experience with the new system in different setups in upcoming weeks and hope to keep you also up to date with my findings! At least after to days of using the system I'm more than satisfied!

Some shots taken with both X-T2 and X-T1:

35951532230_5df388afd7_h.jpgFIBA U18 European Championship Division B 2017 @Tallinn, Estonia by Hendrik Osula, on Flickr

36303960026_f3f136b756_h.jpgFIBA U18 European Championship Division B 2017 @Tallinn, Estonia by Hendrik Osula, on Flickr

36348541885_c27231b993_h.jpgFIBA U18 European Championship Division B 2017 @Tallinn, Estonia by Hendrik Osula, on Flickr

35539736513_bf7e9beae9_h.jpgFIBA U18 European Championship Division B 2017 @Tallinn, Estonia by Hendrik Osula, on Flickr

35951491960_4109a2c379_h.jpgFIBA U18 European Championship Division B 2017 @Tallinn, Estonia by Hendrik Osula, on Flickr

36303910106_1b90d983b0_h.jpgFIBA U18 European Championship Division B 2017 @Tallinn, Estonia by Hendrik Osula, on Flickr

All shots are edited JPEGs from cameras.

Great shots! 

Can you give us some idea as to your film settings?  Just curious.  Keep up the great work!

Thank you!

I use classic chrome mostly with sharpening +2, shadows +2 and highlights +1 for greater contrast. Color is 0. Black and white ones are taken with acros with red filter and highlights, shadows and sharpening settings at the same value.