Advertisement (gone after registration)

does anybody know which (non fuji) zoom lens works well with fuji x series with the metabones adapter? and will it have autofocus and continuous autofocus? and auto tracking when using metabones??/

No of course no autofocus, and not only with metabone but with any current production of adapters because no adapter has electric contacts able to carry the autofocus between lens and body.

Not only but NO other communication between lens and camera is possible! 

You won’t have any of the things that you are seeking.

There are some experimental adapters with these electrical contacts but they will be so expensive that it makes no sense to use them. They are being developed for the Fuji GFX.

Also, there are no reasons to spend the kind of money that metabone adapters or novoflex command.

K&F are made very well and cost a fraction of the price. This is also true of the “ speed booster” adapters.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jufoso
      Hi guys, new Fuji-freak here!
      I bought yesterday X-T3 with the 18-55 lens and XF 50-140mm f2.8, both used.
      At first I was really impressed with both of them but soon I figured out that there's something strange with the 50-140 and autofocus. The problem occurs at the maximum 140mm focal lenght. The autofocus can't focus near. It will only work for longer distances (over 4-5 meters) even though the minimum focus distance should be 1 meter. Even a slight zoom out e.g. 138mm will make the autofocus work normally.
      All the settings are in "auto", I'm shooting in single shot mode and autofocus on single point. The problem occurs in every possible setup. Here's a video about the problem (I didn't find my stand so I had to use chair) [ignore the cat meowing] https://youtu.be/g8snv-60DBM
      Has anyone else had the same problem or should I return the lens?
    • By natswright
      I'm new to this camera and was looking for an autofocus subject tracking mode in video, as tracking in stills mode is supported. I've come to fuji cameras from using Canon kit, namely the 70d and M50, both of which supported subject tracking by simply clicking on an object using the touch screen. For example, if you wanted to video a pet running, subject tracking is very advantageous.
      As I understand it, my fuji doesnt support this, except in stills mode. I wonder, do folks here think this is possible with a firmware update? I beleive Sony added similar tracking options to the A6400 this way..

• By Antony D
      Hello folks,
      I'm shooting video with my Fuji -XT3. I'm using a Metabones Speed Booster and adapting vintage Contax Zeiss C/Y mount lenses.
      I'm recording to a Ninja V monitor via HDMI. I'm getting a strange light flicker in the highlights with movement. This is happening in natural light. I'm recording UHD 24p with the shutter set to 1/48.
      I also tried 29.97 with 1/60 and it was a little better, not much. Any advice? Do I need to roll down the highlights? Anybody adapting vintage lenses with a speed booster? Thanks.
    • By yukosteel
      Initial lens review of Viltrox 85mm F1.8 lens on Fujifilm X-T30 camera.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.  
    • By Marco34
      Hi , 
      i have a problem with my Xpro2 with 35mm f 1.4 .... 
      I notice a loss of sharpness and i don't know if the camera can't focus because  the viewfinder says it is in focus 
      i  attach 2 photos , one with Xpro 2 and another with H1 ,  to let you understand the problem... here it was  f4  iso 2500 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. shutter 100
    • I do not believe that it is the video features that caused the increase in size and weight. It is the added IBIS.  
    • ditto, some of my beat BNW shots are from my XE1
    • Not enough information here. I assume you have downloaded to a computer? What type of computer and which operating system? How did you download the files and how are you viewing them? Which application are you using? How do you know you are getting 1920x1080 resolution? Are you viewing the raw file or the jpg? If this is the jpg what jpg settings did you use in the camera?
    • Brought back the X-T30 today and tried 3 in store - all exhibited same issue in varying degrees of yellow tint.  I was offered a refund but opted to try more as I shop regularly at the store. They have contacted Fujifilm to order others from possibly another batch to test.  Absolute joke in my opinion.    My X-E2s, X-T1 and evening X-M1 do t exhibit this problem.    I did order a 2nd X-E2s when B&H had a sale and it had the issue and had to be sent back also a few years
    • Hi,    I have the Fuji X-A5 and it's been working fine the last few weeks. But after my last session all the images I downloaded are at resolution 1920x1080. The odd thing is that their file size is still 40MB+ I usually shoot just raw but I changed it too Raw+Fine so I could preview the full images in camera. So does anyone know whats going on here?   Regards, Tommy