Handling RAF files in Win 10.

My computers, laptop and desktop, keep trying to display Fuji RAF as thumbnails. And that krawelllllls (!). I didn't have that occur with Nikon NEFs.

Is there a way to lock down "Display as Details" for RAF files?

TIA

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

He wants to know how to stop the thumbnails showing Man.

The following should do it:

Open file Explorer, right click in a blank space. select "view" from the menu then choose what you want, in your case "details". Once details is set click the File tab in File Explorer . Click on "change folder and search options". The folder options window appears. click the View tab then look near the top for "Folder Views". Click on the "Apply to Folders" button. answer the question about whether you want to apply to all files with yes, click Apply and then OK.

• 3 months later...

He wants to know how to stop the thumbnails showing Man.

The following should do it:

Open file Explorer, right click in a blank space. select "view" from the menu then choose what you want, in your case "details". Once details is set click the File tab in File Explorer . Click on "change folder and search options". The folder options window appears. click the View tab then look near the top for "Folder Views". Click on the "Apply to Folders" button. answer the question about whether you want to apply to all files with yes, click Apply and then OK.

Thanks, setting up new Win 10 desktop, this should help.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/26/2018 at 1:18 AM, Uqqituq said:

I have the same problem in Windows 10..

I can see thumbnails of raw files from Canon and Sony, but not from Fuji.

if you want to see thumbnails you have to try to open raf file with the default photos app in windows ,then it will show a error message telling you need to to download extra codecs to view ,click on it that will open the required codec page in microsoft store app click on install ,after that gets installed you can see thumbnails and can view raf files like you can view jpg ,on windows 10 .hope this helps . have a nice day !