X-t2 grip discharging batteries unevenly

I'm sure I read that the x-t2 was supposed to discharge the batteries in the grip evenly.

Has anyone had experience to the contrary? I had a one battery go completly flat, should I be worried? I'll keep an eye on it and see if it makes a habit of it. b134613c8c5785321f43701a956ac825.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I believe that when the grip is in normal mode it will discharge the batteries in sequence but when in boost mode it is supposed to use them all together. However I can vouch for the uneven usage in boost. It seems almost random.

You are quite right Elisha. I only use the grip when in continuous mode, so sorry for any confusion. However in boost with af-c it seems to discharge all three batteries together and what happens in practise is that they will in fact be discharged in a random manner. Battery 1 might be fully discharged and battery 2 half discharged for example. That's my experience at least. I wonder however if this might be due to differences in the state of the batteries. Some of mine are older than others and the newer ones may keep more charge.

You are quite right Elisha. I only use the grip when in continuous mode, so sorry for any confusion. However in boost with af-c it seems to discharge all three batteries together and what happens in practise is that they will in fact be discharged in a random manner. Battery 1 might be fully discharged and battery 2 half discharged for example. That's my experience at least. I wonder however if this might be due to differences in the state of the batteries. Some of mine are older than others and the newer ones may keep more charge.

I don't use AF-C much but when I do, my grip batteries drain a tad faster because they are third-party batteries so likely less capacity than the original!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use 3rd party batteries then you'll notice that the battery indicator is incorrect .It happens to me all the time ,especially with DSTE (worst batteries ever) and all i have to do is to pull out the batteries and place them again.

Edited by Vasilis

I too get uneven battery discharge. What I did is take all 3 batteries out and charged them with the  single cell Fuji charger. Then installed them the Original 's' spec Fuji battery in the body and 2x 3rd party cells same age and usage. They provided good service with my XT-1 then XT-2.  What happened then was the first battery almost depleted before moving on to the next grip cell.  Before going any further recharged in suite using the grip charger.  Boost on and off - see what happens now.  I feel this is less than satisfactory as being able to predict battery life is critical.  I would like to buy 3 new 's' spec batteries but there is a problem where I live - too sad to tell