Fujifilm X-H1

Patrick FR

and need a new computer to process them while not doing anything more than looking them on the screen while our eyes are getting worse.

There is a direct relationship between pocket depths and eyes getting worse the deeper the first the worst the second 

The problem is that some lens might lacking of resolution like it happened to nikon with 850, but I think fuji lens are much better than nikon, and this problem will not be in the future.

I don’t think that we are going that direction because it would be totally pointless. But this is a lost cause I understand that.

The majority of the people here (AND ELSEWHERE) never print anything and if they do they don’t go anywhere near the limits of 16Mp let alone 24Mp.

But of course bigger is better and the old joke made in the spinal tap applies (it goes to 11...) , it’s not the size of the file is what you do with it!

You can't just make stuff for the majority.

If you don't make Professional quality gear that only the minority will take advantage of, those users go elsewhere.

You can't always frame perfectly in camera, be that because you're using a prime lens and can't zoom with your feet a higher MP count allows for more cropping.

I was shooting on 5"x4" film earlier this year, the film was badly scratched in the drying cabinet, leaving only 1/3 of the image usable. I was still able to produce a 20"x12" print cropping 2/3 of the film.

I know this is an extreme situation (and digital doesn't get scratched) but I doubt I could produce a visually acceptable print using 1/3 of  a 16MP Crop sensor printed to 20"x12"

Having said that on a crop sensor camera once you get past xMP you will have other problems where the gains of more MP are offset by negatives (processing power, pixel pitch to name 2)

Edited by Tikcus

• 4 weeks later...