Problems, but Kudos to UK Fujifilm service department

BobJ

I thought I should give the Fujifilm service in the UK a pat on the back. I have had three experiences with them, all positive. My X-T1 developed a flash fault. It was repaired under warranty. They had to replace the main circuit board. It was done very quickly (I can't rember exactly how long it took.). Then I had a problem with a huge piece of 'dust' on the inside of the rear element of my 10-24mm. I am pretty sure it was a piece of glue that had come loose. This was the only lens that I bought as a grey import, so I had to pay for the repair - be warned. Neither of these faults should have happened in the first place though. Most recently I lost the eyepiece cup on my then brand new X-T2. I was caught in a storm at Durness and I probably caught it on a divider in the backpack as I hurriedly put it away. I couldn't find a source for a replacement so I called Fuji service. They sent me one by return of post for free! By the way, the weather sealing of the X-T2 works very well!

• 9 months later...

I just had a good experience with them too.
My strap broken and the camera went on the floor, flat on the lens (16-55 2.8). Ring broken, electronics gone and the barrel was pretty much stuck.
I didn't have warranty because I bought it second hand but it didn't matter because dropping it is not covered it. Luckily it seems they have a flat fee for whatever happens to the kit, and I think it varies according to the model. For my lens it was £160 vat included.
They sent me a courier with an empty Fujifilm box ready to be despatched and I just had to drop it to a DPD shop in my area. In few days they fixed everything (with a Year warranty!), and sent it back. I wasn't home so I could choose to have it dropped to the same DPD shop to collect when back. I am really looking forward to put it back in action tonight!
:-)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Looking more like the next Fuji camera we see will be an X-T50 but it is still a rumor and no specs have been published.
    • Hey guys, The shutter on/off button switch may be loose on mine. After turning camera on and pressing the shutter/holding close to the area, the camera will turn off and say 'sensor cleaning'. This doesn't happen if I'm shooting via touch screen at all. Everything else is functional. Anyone else experience this before? Would love a much cheaper fix since Fuji Canada just quoted me $700 CAD to fix it, and considering everything else is functional except that part I'm not even sure why MPMB Main Board parts is being replaced😕 I got no explanation from them either.
    • As far as I know the firmware is not country specific. Are you sure that the filename has not been changed ( I am told this can happen with mac os). That's the only thing I can think of.
    • My x-t5 does not exhibit the focusing switch behaviour as you report it, so that is very strange and indicative of a fault. It does not matter whether the flash is attached or not. Once you set the camera for your studio flash, say 1/250th at f5.6, the camera, which is showing you what you will get at that exposure without the flash, will show a black screen unless the ambient light is brighter than what you would typically get indoors. That is why, as Jerry says, you have to set preview exp/wb to off. I have set a button for this.
    • I connected to FRAME.IO a while back and it works fine, but the camera wouldn't connect to the internet all of a sudden today and would get stuck on the reset screen, including initializing and even switching USB Connection mode. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing?