Help! How to Remove Small Scratch from Rear LCD

Somehow I have a small scratch right in the middle of the rear LCD on my X-T2.  Looking to see if there is a simple, easy solution for how to remove it.  It is not deep.  I put a glass protector on it (too late) thinking that might cover, but it makes it more apparent.

Looking for good reliable suggestions which will not further damage the LCD.

Thanks

if it is glass a plastic cleaner wouldn’t do anything to it.

Glass is harder than plastic.

Only very strong acids can etch glass and a product made to be used on a car lacquer to take away scratches is, of course, safe to be spilling on glass since cars have plenty of glass parts adjacent to metal ones.

Edited by milandro

Somehow I have a small scratch right in the middle of the rear LCD on my X-T2.  Looking to see if there is a simple, easy solution for how to remove it.  It is not deep.  I put a glass protector on it (too late) thinking that might cover, but it makes it more apparent.

Looking for good reliable suggestions which will not further damage the LCD.

Thanks

Get used to it. 

these days there are some types of toothpaste which are absolutely useless for this purpose, they are the ones which contain enamel protecting agents.

Because I am a diver I know that  toothpaste is recommended to remove the protective silicone layer on the glass of diving masks and also all diving shops will tell you that some toothpaste will be useless for this purpose.

Anyway, the right toothpaste (traditional old fashioned one) will help but it will take a long more time that auto lacquer cleaner.

these days there are some types of toothpaste which are absolutely useless for this purpose, they are the ones which contain enamel protecting agents.

Because I am a diver I know that  toothpaste is recommended to remove the protective silicone layer on the glass of diving masks and also all diving shops will tell you that some toothpaste will be useless for this purpose.

Anyway, the right toothpaste (traditional old fashioned one) will help but it will take a long more time that auto lacquer cleaner.

I use CREST toothpaste on my Tag Heuer watches.   WORKS AMAZINGLY well.  I haven't tried it on a glass screen tho.... I'd test it on an old piece of glass.  I've also used jewelers roush to deep polish automobile glass and that works amazingly well to.

I use CREST toothpaste on my Tag Heuer watches.   WORKS AMAZINGLY well.  I haven't tried it on a glass screen tho.... I'd test it on an old piece of glass.  I've also used jewelers roush to deep polish automobile glass and that works amazingly well to.

Get used to it. Trying these diffferent "recipes" will probably remove the scratches but also the anti-reflective coating of your screen.

What is "Jeweler's Roush"?

What is "Jeweler's Roush"?

It's a type of polish.  I use the "pink" formula on automobiles.  Jewelers also use it to clean jewelry, and crowns.  Google J Kolinsky.  He makes my auto polish and he sells various grades of polish (not wax).  One is fine as jewelers rush

Get used to it. Trying these diffferent "recipes" will probably remove the scratches but also the anti-reflective coating of your screen.

Been using this polish for over 10 years and still no detrimental effect. However, I will agree that ANY type of polish is an abrasive and will remove fine layers of coatings, and/or paint. That's how you get the smoothness and shine on an automobile.  Polish, and wax.

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest not doing anything to it that could potentially invalidate your warranty on surrounding parts if they become affected by the "cure". If you just can't live with the scratch, I'd contact Fuji service and find out the cost of replacing the screen. It's not a cheap camera and if you plan to keep it for several years, you will probably be happier for having done so.