Fotodiox Nikon to Fuji GFX adapter

ron777

Hello,

I've recently obtained and returned a Fotodiox Nikon to Fuji G adapter for the following reason:

While it mounts to the lens and camera adequately, once the a lens is attached to the adapter, the aperture ring is extremely difficult to turn.  I have tried various Nikon and Zeiss lenses, all with the same result.  I happen to have other Fotodiox adapters for a Sony 7 series camera that do not appear to exhibit the same issue, or at least to the same extent.  While this may have been a defective $150.00  adapter,  I suspect that the manufacturing tolerance is off at the lens mount. I am waiting for Novoflex to offer an alternative.

Also check out the Kipon GFX to Nikon, I expect it to way better quality and same price and I will have 1 on Friday and will report back if anybody is interested?

Christopher

Hi Christopher,

I would be interested in your opinion of the Kipon.  The Novoflex is apparently available—somewhere—but none of the dealers that I have spoken to have one, and the distributor will not sell to an end user.  Great marketing plan!

Wow that's crazy, I will do as the adapter is due today, but my GFX won't show until the middle of next week. I know the Fotodiox stuff is hit and miss and junk and the youtuber had that adapter GFX-Nikon G and was ok until I guess the spring for the Nikon release came off and could have damaged the GFX shutter blades, so not worth buying.

Also he contacted Fotodiox and got no support or help! I have been at Fotodiox here in Chicago land and I really liked there UWA lens filter adapters but their camera adapters can be junk!

I really expect Kipon adapter GFX-Nikon G to blow away the Fotodiox hands down, but I also order the Kipon GFX- Pentax 645 to be as good but why I ordered the Fotodiox Pro GFX- Pentax 645 was they added an Arca-Swiss plate to the adapter, very smart and if the quality is really good then that's a keeper and return the Kipon GFX- Pentax 645 as I like using the adapter as the main support for Pentax 645 lenses.

Report back in a day or so on my feelings of the adapter I got.

Christopher

Ok I just got the 2 Kipon adapters, first, they are made in China, I was thinking Japan but no.

First the GFX-Nikon G, nice well made adapter but no like a German Novoflex adapter, nice black inside. Lens mount nice and secure not too tight like my orginal Metabones Sony E mount adapter was, and very good there!

The Kipon GFX- Pentax 645 same very good quality as the GFX-Nikon G, but on both adapters when you move the lens aperture blades good feel but when opening to wide open if you go slow it takes a bit of a push to get 100% open the aperture, not a big problem. 

For the same price as the Fotodiox adapters that I have used in the past these are a notch above Fotodiox in quality, but tonight I will have the Fotodiox to compare side by side. 

More to come...

Christopher

Hi,

The Kipon sounds like a better choice than the Fotodiox.  Apparently, Novoflex does make a Nikon to GFX adapter.  However, no one appears to have one in stock and the stores that I've queried do not seem too anxious to order one.  I called the distributor but they will not sell to an end user.  Interesting business plan: create a product and then make it unavailable.  But thanks for the followup.

I've just received the preorder pricing for the Novoflex Nikon to GF adapter: $328.35!  From where I sit, that's an overboard price and for the time being I think that I will pass.  Given the vast difference in the performance ratio of Nikon/Fuji glass, I think the money is better spent on Fuji lenses, despite the fact that I have a bag full of Nikon lenses.