X-Pro 1(2) frame lines disappear-reappear during exposure WHY

Why do the frame lines and other info disappear and reappear at the moment of exposure. Why don't they just stay on all the time. I know the leica is a completely different optical system and I'm assuming there is something about the electronic projection of the lines but I find it distracting. Anyone know why and if it could be addressed in a firmware upgrade. I've not seen this addressed here or anywhere else.

Probably to conserve power. Leica uses a leaf shutter but Fujifilm still uses mechanical plane shutter. And since any pictorial info is sent via live view the cmos sensor, the software would have to divert work to write onto the memory card momentarily when the pic is taken.

That's my best guess.

Edited by Aswald

Aswald,

The shutter in the Leica's from the 8 to the 10 are all metal focal plane shutters much like the ones in the Fuji. The frame lines are part of the optical system and aren't electronically super imposed as the Fuji x-pro's and the 100's are. I still don't see why this imposed information could not be made to stay on constantly or at least have a choice as to whether or not you want it to blink of and on at exposure. As a Leica shooter who really likes the Fuji X-pro's I find it a serious distraction much like the blackout from the mirror going up and down in a DSLR or the momentary blackout in the EVF. Does anyone have an explanation why this happens in the OVF of the Fuji's.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why Fujifilm opted to blink their frame lines. And I agree with you that it's a much better experience if it doesn't blink.

The only main difference between the Pro2 and say the M9 is the autofocus, as the M9 is a range finder camera. Perhaps Fujifilm may update this with their firmware.

What I find more annoying is that in Auto ISO, it doesn't show the ISO selected by the camera instead it shows the max iso selected in the auto iso settings. That, to me makes little sense.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Some elements in (autofocus) lenses are „floating“, so I guess what you are experiencing is normal.
    • How do I turn off the electronic shutter in the menu - the option is grayed out and I cannot select the mechanical option
    • I'm having trouble finding a way to attach a right-angle viewfinder to the Fuji X-H1 camera. Does anyone have experience with how the angle viewfinder behaves in combination with the EVF? Is the Minolta frame diameter of the right angle viewfinder suitable for attaching to the Fuji XH1 (or XT1, 2, 3, 5)? Does anyone have knowledge about which eyepiece is compatible with the Fuji X system? Thank you in advance for any assistance and information you can provide.    
    • I purchased a gently used XF 80mm f/2.8 aspherical macro for my X-T5. Not being familiar with this lens but having had experience with the Leica T mount 60mm macro and Canon and Zeiss macros, I was surprised that I felt what might be best described as a loose lens element that shifted when I tilted the lens, even before being mounted to the camera. In manual focus mode, the lens is fine, but there is a distinct “wobble” when the lens is in autofocus mode. I reported this to the company (I bought it from KEH), and they agreed this was odd and accepted it back for a full refund. I just got a replacement lens and the same thing is happening. I’ve never had an experience in which I feel a lens element loose inside the housing. Is this normal? Should I return it (again)?
    • Old post but hope this can help. You have to make sure that exp. comp. is set to zero in P, S or A mode before you go in to manual mode. If the comp is set to, let say +5, and this is of the range for the settings in manual mode, twisting the comp dial (left dial) want do any changes.