An upgrade to the X10/X20/X30 line

rpkphoto

This morning Fuji Rumors posed the question, "What’s the rumor you always hoped I’d publish one day, but I never did?" What I am pining for is an upgrade to my much beloved (and used) X30. I love the size and handling of this little camera and its two predecessors, the X10 and X20 (both of which I still own). I love the 28 - 112 (equivalent)  f2 -2.8 zoom lens. I love the build quality. I love the images I get from this camera.

My only problem is with noise in low light situations, which I have to wrestle with more than I would like (still, I get pretty good results -- see below, taken late at night from a park across the street.)

I'm not asking for anything unreasonable, just whatever improvements are possible to the same basic layout (especially the same lovely little lens) from three years ago when the X30 was introduced.

Are there any of you out there who would like to see (and more than likely would buy) an update to this camera?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Despite the fact that I liked this camera, fuji has declared this chapter closed.  It is not going to happen. They lost a ton of money and sensor smaller than aps-c are defunct, asking for it won’t bring it back or you anywhere

http://www.fujirumors.com/trusted-japanese-source-says-no-fujifilm-x40-on-the-horizon-is-the-fuji-x30-the-last-of-the-line/

Edited by milandro

I also love my X30.  It goes most places with me, especially on hikes, as its bulk and weight are minimal.  Since I have other gear to use in low light situations, I use aperture priority and auto ISO with max 800, which obviates noise.

My only issue is that the aperture often changes after slinging it back on my hip after taking a few shots, and the only solution is to have Fuji completely replace the lens and sensor assembly for about $225, including shipping both ways.

But milandro is correct.  The smaller than APS-C sensor is gone forever.  Sigh....

This morning Fuji Rumors posed the question, "What’s the rumor you always hoped I’d publish one day, but I never did?" What I am pining for is an upgrade to my much beloved (and used) X30. I love the size and handling of this little camera and its two predecessors, the X10 and X20 (both of which I still own). I love the 28 - 112 (equivalent)  f2 -2.8 zoom lens. I love the build quality. I love the images I get from this camera.

My only problem is with noise in low light situations, which I have to wrestle with more than I would like (still, I get pretty good results -- see below, taken late at night from a park across the street.)

I'm not asking for anything unreasonable, just whatever improvements are possible to the same basic layout (especially the same lovely little lens) from three years ago when the X30 was introduced.

Are there any of you out there who would like to see (and more than likely would buy) an update to this camera?

Great photograph, Rodger!  To be honest, I have not tried it in low light situations such as this, but your shot will motivate me to do so.  What aperture and ISO were you using?

And thanks again for turning me on to the X30!

Edited by merlin