London Under Siege

milandro

Mala Tempora Currunt  :(

• It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by milandro

must have been interesting.

I have been many times on the bridge (every time I am am in London I never miss the Tate modern, it is one of my favorite spots in town.).

But the skyline is very much changed (as everything else ) since the days I lived there. 

Lots of water has passed under all the bridges , new or old.

I fear it is now only the age of foolishness and the season of darkness.

Nice image, but I worry about the ominous clouds on the horizons of London and Paris.

"Without religion, we'd have good people doing good things, and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." Stephen Weinburg

Edited by frankinfuji

art is not the capability of making things look nice, but the capability making people reflect.

The old director of the modern art museum of Amsterdam, Rudi Fuchs, used to say that : “ art must stink “ meaning that it should get to you and not leaving you unmoved.

I think this gets to you and  the news, unfortunately, show by how much.